Chapter 55: That's a Wrap Part 2

The soldiers point their weapons at Agatha, who lifts them into the air. They all yelp in fear as they float up. "Same story, different century. There'll always be torches and pitchforks for ladies like us, y/n and Wanda," she voices. She flicks her hands down, making the soldiers fall. Wanda and I immediately use our powers to catch them and let them fall more gently.

Wanda turns to the twins and says, "boys, handle the military. Mommy and Auntie will be right back." I smile at them before we take off, flying toward Agatha. She shoots violet energy at us, which we block. We get a few feet in front of her and make a mocking face at her. We flick our wrists, poofing out just like she did earlier.

🎥🎥🎥

Vision and Tony levitate next to each other as they circle around white Vision. "You are familiar with the thought experiment the Ship of Theseus in the field of identity metaphysics?" Vision inquires.

"Naturally. The Ship of Theseus is an artifact in a museum. Over time, its planks of wood rot and are replaced with new planks. When no original plank remains, is it still the Ship of Theseus?" white Vision replies.

"Secondly, if those removed planks are restored and reassembled, free of the rot, is that the Ship of Theseus?" Vision adds. Tony gapes at the two in disbelief.

"I'm just gonna stand over here," he announces, landing on the second floor. He feels it's a waste of energy to just float there while the two Visions discuss the Ship of Theseus.

"Neither is the true ship. Both are the true ship," white Vision answers, looking away in thought.

"Well, then, we are agreed."

"But I do not have the Mind Stone," white Vision mentions.

Regular Vision points out, "and I do not have one single ounce of original material. Perhaps, the rot is the memories..." He and white Vision continue their discussion about memories and who is the true Vision, and Tony just stands by listening. "As a carbon-based synthezoid, your memory storage is not so easily wiped," Vision says as he nears the white one. He reaches for his head, but white Vision flinches.

"May I?" he asks. White Vision stares at him for a moment before leaning forward. Vision presses his finger against the blue spot on the white Vision's forehead, triggering countless memories. His eyes turn darker and Vision studies him, tilting his head to the side. White Vision copies his actions.

"I am Vision," he suddenly declares before flying away.

"Wow, that was easier than I thought it'd be," Tony remarks before he and Vision head outside. As soon as they're outside, the twins call out to them.

"Dad! Tony!"

"Hi! Hi!" Tommy says as he and Billy rush to them.

"Boys, boys, boys, boys!" Vision calls, opening his arms for them.

"You guys okay?" Tony asks as they hug him next.

🎥🎥🎥

Agatha watches Vision, Tony, and Monica with the twins from afar. Wanda and I take this opportunity to sneak up behind her. We appear on either side of her and Wanda wiggles her fingers, making Agatha's eyes glow red as she's sucked into an illusion. We enter the illusion, which is of her tied at the stake with crippled corpses around her. "No... no," she gasps and begins to breathe more heavily.

"You see, the difference between you and us... is that you did this on purpose," I voice as we step in front of her. The corpses begin to stir and get up, freaking out Agatha.

"No! No, no, no! No, no! Oh, please. I beg you! I beg you! No! No, no!" she pleads. Wanda and I just observe curiously. This is creepy but kind of satisfying to see her like this. The corpses gradually rise up. "No! No! No!" she whimpers. She unexpectedly stops whining and smirks at us.