Chapter 79: Peter the Cheater

Anyone else still emotionally destroyed from NWH? 😅 Like now I'm thinking about Peter and y/n's future and I just... Why can't my boy ever catch a break? :(

-

-

Y/n and Peter sit in the front row of the bus, Peter in the aisle seat and y/n by the window. "Okay, wait, I'm confused. Why would Brad want to show everyone just because I may not believe him?" she asks her boyfriend.

Peter gives her a pointed look. "Come on... how do you not know?" he asks. Y/n just sends him an oblivious look. Wow, and I thought I was the clueless one, Peter thinks. "He likes you," he states.

Y/n makes a weird face, finding it hard to believe. "What? No, he doesn't," she scoffs.

Peter shakes his head. "Seriously, y/n? He constantly flirts with you, even when I'm right there. And he straight up told me he likes you too much to let you keep being with me," he informs her.

Y/n's face falls as she processes the information. Peter wouldn't put words in somebody else's mouth to prove a point. She reflects on all her past interactions with Brad, realizing that Peter's claim makes sense. The flirting, cheesy smiles, unnecessary compliments, interrupting moments with her boyfriend. Oh, my God, Brad likes me, she thinks. She gawks at Peter, who quirks an eyebrow at her. "Oh..." she trails off.

"Yeah," Peter returns.

Y/n shakes her head, dismissing the topic. "Okay, well, that's not important. We need to figure out a way to erase the photo from his phone," she declares.

Peter nods in agreement. "Right, uh..." he responds. "Oh, EDITH!" he suggests, taking the case out of his backpack.

"Yes, that's a great idea!" y/n agrees, watching him open the case. Peter takes the glasses out and hands them to her before putting the case back in his backpack. He then turns over his left shoulder, peeking at Brad, who's at the back of the bus staring at his phone.

He turns back around and takes the glasses from y/n before putting them on. "EDITH?" he asks, activating the AI.

"Hello, Peter. How can I help you?" EDITH asks.

"Hey. Um, there's this guy in my class who's gonna humiliate me in front of the whole-" Peter starts to ramble before the AI interjects. I don't think EDITH needs the whole story, y/n thinks.

"Peter, I'm having difficulty hearing you. Can you please speak up?" the AI claims.

"Um, Brad Davis. He has a photo of me," Peter slightly raises his voice.

"Brad Davis? Is he a target?"

"Is Brad a target? Um..." Peter repeats. He glances at his girlfriend, who quickly nods her head. He then whirls around to look at Brad again, who's nervously looking around the bus, encouraging himself to send the picture to everyone. The lenses show Peter the photo that Brad has on his phone. He turns back around and confirms, "Yeah, he's a target. He's a target." Y/n nods, thinking EDITH will easily delete the picture.

"Copy that. Target is Brad Davis. Initiating strike."

Concern fills Peter's veins. "Initiating what now?" he asks in shock.

This baffles y/n. "What?" she asks, noticing his worried face. Peter doesn't reply as he listens to EDITH's voice.

"Intercept point determined. Releasing kill vehicle."

"EDITH," Peter calls the AI's name, realizing that it misunderstood. His head snaps to y/n and he stares at her with wide eyes.

"What? What did you do?" she asks, now concerned.