Chapter 8

I look up at the stars as I sit on the back porch and let the tears run down my face. Something about a clear nights sky and being able to see the stars and galaxies brings me piece and comfort even as a child, I've always found my comfort staring at the sky, so whenever I feel sad, I sit outside for a couple of hours and let the beautiful sky ease my thoughts.

I sit like that for about twenty minutes when a fresh batch of tears makes it's way down my face. I'm to consumed by my thoughts that I don't hear the back door open and close.

I feel a blanket drape over my arms and I slightly jump. I look up and see Elias taking a seat behind me, so I quickly wipe my tears as he places his legs on either side of me and pulls me towards him. "I'm sorry." I say as I let my hair hide my tear stained cheeks from him.

He slowly moves my hair to one side and offers a small smile. "You don't have to ever be sorry for showing your true emotions. Not around me at least." He whispers as he rest his chin on top of my head.

I smile as I look up at the beautiful sky and lay my head on his shoulder. "There's nine..." I say without giving away anymore information.

"Are we talking about the nine galaxies visible by the naked eye or the nine freckles that are on your face?"

"Freckles? I don't have freckles." I say as I look at him.

"So you were talking about the galaxies then?" He chuckles. "And to answer your question; yes you do have freckles. You have four freckles on your nose, two on your left cheek and three on your right cheek. I counted them when I met you." He says as he glides his thumb over my freckles.

"Oh..." I smile as I tuck a piece of hair behind my ear. "I didn't think you would notice. No one every does... well except for Bella."

"Well you're worth noticing. In fact I noticed you the moment you stepped out of the dorm building." He smiles against my cheek and then places a tender kiss there. "It was by pure accident that you almost got hit by the ball that Logan failed to catch, but then you caught it. That really surprised me especially when you threw the perfect spiral."

"Yeah I might have to apply for QB position this year and give the Bobcats something to remember me by." I smirk as Elias smiles.

"You do realize that I'm the QB right?" He looks at me with his eyebrows raised and I nod my head as a giggle escapes my lips.

We stayed outside and talked for a couple of hours about our childhood, where we're from, our parents and about our likes and dislikes. We got to really get to know each other. It feels nice to be able to open up and talk to someone else other then Bella. I feel like I've known him for years, rather then a few hours.

"I know you're probably tired of hearing this, but are you really okay?" He cups my face as he stares into my eyes and I start to feel my eyes water.

A sob wrecks my body and I wrap my arms around his waist and shake my head.

"Are you victim number five?" His voice comes out shaky as he asks me the question he's probably wanted to know since earlier.

"No," I clear my throat. "I would of been victim number five if it wasn't for Bella." My thoughts consume me as that night plays in my head like a raging storm.

"It was one of our soccer coaches." I lick my dry lips. "He was suppose to take the both of us home when we noticed he was heading in a different direction. Bella and I tried to fight him off but it was no use. He was too strong. He pulled over in a secluded area and knocked me out and raped Bella." Elias wipes the tears that fall from my face.

"He was going to rape me while I was unconscious, but Bella knocked him out with a tire rod before he could get to me." I suck in a deep shaky breath and slowly exhale. "She managed to save me and herself that night."

Elias pulls me closer. If that's even possible, and kisses my lips then forehead as he rubs my back.

"Bella's the strong one, she's the hero in this story. She's the one who saved my life and I have nothing to offer her in return."

"And I would do it again if it means keeping you safe." We turn around and see Bella looking at me with tears in her eyes. "How many times have I told you; everyone grieves differently. It's okay to cry, Lani. You may think you have nothing to offer me when you're wrong. You being my best friend and just being there for me through my good and bad times is good enough. You don't have to be strong all the time either." She smiles at me as she pulls me away from Elias and holds me in her arms as he both silently cry.

"We keep each other strong, babe." She quickly pecks my lips. "You're my soulmate."

I laugh as I remember Bella's ten year old sassy self telling me that everyone has two soulmates in their life. "I never doubted you for a second, even when you told me everyone had two soulmates. That we were each other's friend soulmate." I smile as she laughs. "We're Sista mates." We say in unison.

"I'm going to leave you two to talk." Elias says looking from me to Isabella and then smiles.

"No, no. I just came outside to check on Lani, Logan told me what happened and I had to check on my sista mate." She winks. "Plus me and Logan have a lot to talk about so we're going to drive home in a few hours and talk to mom and dad, but we should be back by lunch time. I just wanted to let you know. Now both of y'all go inside and gets some sleep. Y'all look tired as hell."

We stand up and I pull her in for a quick hug as she heads to Logan's room and Elias and I head to his room.

"Uhhhh... Elias?" I bite my lip. "Can I borrow some of your clothes to sleep in?"

He chuckles and nods. "Yeah what would you like to sleep in?"

"A t-shirt is fine." I smile as he walks to his dresser and pulls out a white t-shirt.

"I have new toothbrushes under the sink. Whatever you need should be in there... unless it's your time of the month, then I don't have any of that stuff." He scratches the back of his neck and smiles at me.

"No. It's not." I giggle. "Is it okay if I take a shower and wash the day off? I ask.

"You don't have to ask, Grace." He smiles at me as he begins to head toward the door.

"Can you stay with me tonight? I don't want to be alone and Bella is usually the one who sleeps with me when I'm having a bad night." I bite my lip nervously as I fiddle with my hands that are playing with the bottom of my dress.

"Yeah." Elias whispers before he grabs my chin and picks my head up. "I'll stay with you."

I let out a breath and nod my head as I slowly step back and walk to the bathroom.

I walk back into the room after my shower and see Elias sitting on his bed, with his bare back touching the headboard, leaving him in only basketball shorts and at that moment all I want to do is run my hands all over his toned stomach as I... I quickly clear my throat and shake off that thought as I tuck a wet strand of hair behind my ear as I feel my pulse in my ears and in my vagina.

It's been a while since I've had sex and a girl has needs just like anyone else.

His eyes goes from his phone to me and slowly down my body. "Maybe I should of gave you a black t-shirt, he groans.

Oh it's not going to matter because either way this shirt is coming off tonight, I think to myself as I make my way to his side of the bed.

His eyes never leave mine. "What are you doing?" He licks his lips as I get to his side of the bed.

I smile when he swallows harshly, knowing I have this affect on him. It's mutual and he recuperates the very need I'm feeling at the moment.