Chapter 52

Waking up in the morning and feel Elias' warm body behind me. I close my eyes before getting Elias' phone and see the time is seven-thirty. I quietly get out of bed before walking to the bathroom and taking a shower.

When I get out Elias is already awake. He looks at me before walking past me to take a shower as well.

After getting dressed, I go to the living room where I gather my books before scrolling through my text messages. Not one from Elias, but number ones from Bella, Logan and Ben.

I feel his eyes on me before he walks to his book bag too. "Are you not going to eat?" He asks.

"With what food?" I scoff and roll my eyes. "You left before you bought groceries."

"You mean to say you've been here for three days with no food?" Elias stops searching through his bag before walking over to me. "What have you at?"

"Well since Janine decided to cancel my cards and you decided to leave I used the twenty dollars you left in the car."

"How many times did you eat and don't think about lying."

"Three times." I mumble under my breath.

"You only ate three times since everything happened?" Elias pulls me from the couch. "You're fucking pregnant, Alani. You're not feeding just yourself anymore. You're feeding my baby too."

"My?" I jump up from the couch. Now I'm pissed. "Now It's my baby, when you didn't give a damn how the baby and I were doing. You left and didn't come back, Elias. You didn't even call to see if we needed anything. You left us with no money or food."

Elias storms over to the coffee table and grabs his credit card before walking back to me and placing it in my hand. "I left my fucking credit card with you, Grace. If you look you would see a note telling you to buy groceries with the pin to my card, so don't blame me when you're the one who didn't see it."

"Don't!" I yell pointing a finger in Elias' face as tears fall down my cheeks. "How am I suppose to know and don't your dare question me being a good mother. Where were you, Elias? Where were you yesterday during the baby's doctor appointment? Where were you when YOU left us and didn't come back?"

"That's not what I meant and you know it, Grace. Don't put words in my mouth. If you must know I was in Austin, coping with the death of my brother who YOUR mother killed and I was going to come home yesterday morning, but Officer Lopez picked me up and told me they found your mother and picked her up." Elias calmly says as he glares down at me.

I stubble back until the back of my knees hit the couch and I unconsciously drop in the seat. "They picked her up?" I look up to see Elias nod. "Good. She deserves to rot in hell for what she done." I get up and slide my backpack on.

"Where are you going, Grace?" Elias sighs out as he runs his hands down his face in frustration.

"To school. I'll go early and walk around." I walk past him before he grabs my arms and pulls me to him. My back hirs his chest and he gently places his hand over my baby bump to hold me in place. I close my eyes and legs as the action has me pussy throbbing.

"The only place you're going is with me. I'm taking you to get something to eat so you and our baby can eat something, then I'll drive you to school. When you get out we'll talk more about this. I have important matters to attend too and I don't have the energy to argue with you right now. So get your ass in the car and don't argue, Grace." Elias grits out through clenched teeth as he harshly whispers his demands in my ear.