Chapter 53

It's been six days since the accident and Elias and I are still trying to get back in the same routine as before and still grieve over the lose of Ian.

Elias went back to school on Wednesday and let me just say he hated it. When he picked me up in his new car he was pissed about the stares he was receiving all day. Elias just like me, hates when people look at you with pity. He agrees that it's annoying.

Today the funeral will be held at three-thirty in Austin. The reason being so late is because Elias didn't want us to miss anymore days of school.

The whole football team as well as Coach Jamison and my father will be attending. I'm not sure who else from the school will attend considering they didn't even know Elias had a sibling until a couple of days prior, but we expect a few more to pay their respects for Elias.

Class has just ended and Bella and I are now leaving the building when I see Elias and Ben making their way towards us.

I hold my breath as I see him in a crisp black button up shirt, black slacks and black dress shoes. He looks handsome. He's wearing shades and I know he's covering his puffy red eyes. Todays going to be hard as he says goodbye to his brother, his twin.

I look past Elias towards the parking lot and see everyone already there all dressed in appropriate funeral attire, waiting for Bella and I.

I here a few girls whispering as Elias and Ben make their way towards us, but I ignore the poisonous venom spilling from their mouth and focus on my man who gives me a small smile.

Ben reaches us first and pulls Bella to him, before planting a quick kiss on her lips. They walk ahead of us as Elias pulls me in and kisses my lips before wrapping his arm protectively over my stomach and leads us to his car. He's nervous.

"Elias..." I stop walking and cup his face and whisper so only he can hear. "It's going to be okay, babe. I'm right here and I'm not leaving your side until this is over. You're not alone in this."

He needs reassurance that he doesn't have to do this on his own. He needs to know that he can lean on me.

He leans his forehead against mine and takes deep, calming breaths before pulling me as close to him as my growing baby bump with allow him and nods his head. "I love you, Baby." He whispers against lips.

"I love you too, now let's go. People are staring." I whisper in return before he allows me to drag him behind me.

We make it to his car and quickly head out as the rest of the attending crowd follows behind us.

I smile as I feel my baby kick for the second time today. The first when I was walking with Bella. I screamed with excitement causing everyone to look at me as if I was crazy. Bella screamed even louder in excitement when she felt it herself.

"Can you give me your hand?" I ask as I reach for Elias' hand.

"You don't have to ask to hold my hand, babe." Elias shakes his head while giving me his hand.

I place his hand on my stomach and when the baby kicks Elias quickly retrieves his hand back in horror, until a smile covers his face. "She kicked, babe. Did you feel that?" He excitedly puts his hand back on my stomach and smiles as another kick occurs.

Seeing his breath taking smile appear on his face after almost a week makes me want to cry happy tears. He's been hurting and I'm glad he can find a little happiness through this hard time.

"She did it earlier too. I nearly gave Bella a heart attack." I laugh as Elias looks at my stomach with so much love before turning back to the road.