Chapter 24

By nine o'clock everyone in the house but me was asleep and I was bored after watching Supernatural by myself for an hour.

"Elias..." I whisper in his ear and shake his shoulders. "I'm thirsty and want some water."

"What time is it?" He rubs his eyes as he stretches.

"It's ten. I'm thirsty and want water, but I need you to come with me because I'm scared." I whisper yell.

"Really, babe?" He looks at me why a serious face then sighs when he notices I'm being serious myself. "Let's go." Elias picks me up and sets me on the ground.

We walk to the kitchen and I quickly jump on the counter as Elias gets me a cold bottle water.

"Here." He yawns as he hands it to me.

I take a sip as he steps into my legs and places his arms around my waist and lays his head on my chest.

"I'm sorry, babe. I should of never yelled at you like that. I should of stayed with you." He sighs. "Let's go talk in the room." He picks me up and I wrap my legs around his waist as he kisses my forehead.

We walk like that until we get to the room where he gently lays me down on the bed and he lays beside me.

Elias closes his eyes before having a deep breath. "I see now how you might of been confused, so will you do the the honors and become my girlfriend?"

I smile as I look at him and caress his cheeks that are covered in hair. "Yes..."

"Thank goodness, but just so we're being clear here, we started dating the day we met. That's the damn you came into my life and changed it for the better." He says against my lips in which I nod in agreement.

"So are you going to tell me where you were?" I nervously chew on my bottom lip as I look up at him through my lashes.

"The truth is my brother called me... well he called me from jail. I had to drive back home to Austin to bail him out and tend to him. I'm sorry."

"You have a brother?" I ask bewildered. "I didn't know."

"Yeah. He's a part of my life I can't get away from. He's always been troubled and one day..." Elias takes a deep breath. "Three years ago he called my parents and said he got arrested again. I begged them to leave him in there, to let him learn his lesson." Tears roll down his cheeks and I quickly wipe them away.

"They said they couldn't. That if it was me in there, they would do the same for me." He sucks in a deep breath. "They never even made it home. The breaks quit working on the car and the only survivor was my brother. It isn't fair."

"I'm sorry, babe." I kiss his lips before laying on top of him. "I'm sorry about your parents." I lay my head on his chest and listen to his soothing heartbeat.

"I blame my brother, and I know I shouldn't but if he would of never called them, they would still be here. He doesn't even care that they're dead." He shakes his head as he begins to play with the ends of my hair.

"He only calls me when he needs money. My parents left everything in my name. I guess they knew not to leave him his share of money." He laughs. "They were right too."

After a couple minutes of silence he begins. "My mom was a doctor and my dad was co-owner of a multi million dollar oilfield company. When they passed I sold my dads shares and combined the money from that and everything else they left us and split it two ways leaving us with two hundred and forty million each." He calls me once a week asking for money for alcohol and drugs."