Chapter 55

"Uh babe..." I say looking back at Elias who is to consumed by baby Elian to notice.

"Yeah..." He looks from the baby to me then back to the baby.

"My water just broke I think it's time we go to the hospital, unless you want to deliver her here in our house?"

His face pales as he looks at me then the amniotic fluid on the floor before his eyes widen in realization. "Shít. Let's go, babe." He gently places the baby in the carseat and straps him in before looking my way. "Can you walk or do you need me to call Logan?"

"I can walk. Just hurry up please, b-babe." I grit out through clenched teeth.

This shít hurts so damn much. I think Elias was right when he texted me earlier this afternoon with concerns about waiting the last minute. I just hope we make it to the hospital in time because I need that damn epidural.

By the time we make it to the hospital I just want to scream as the pain is becoming unbearable.

"Have sex they said. It will be fun they said." I whine once the contraction passes.

Elias chuckles before wrapping his free arm around my waist as we walk inside the hospital where we're meet with a nurse who quickly grabs a wheel chair and sits me in it.

"So..." she draws out looking at Elias and Baby Elian and I have to hold back a laugh as I can already see the wheels turning in her head.

"Oh, no. He's not mine... well technically I guess he's ours now. He's my brothers. Twin brothers who passed away. His mother couldn't keep him so she gave him to us." Elias rambles on as the the nurse nods in understanding.

"Calm down, Elias. You're rambling." I giggle.

"Sorry, love. I'm just so nervous. Now we're going to have two babies to take care of on top on school, homework, football and graduation." I nod in understanding. As much as I want to be nervous, I don't think I can at the moment as the pain I'm in is far to greater to worry.

We make it to the room and get situated before Elias takes the carseat and sets it on the floor beside him just as my doctor comes in and examines me.

"So it looks like you're dilated to a eight. It shouldn't be much longer. The epidural will not work in time, but don't worry. You got this momma. I'll be back to check on you in a few." She pats my hand before leaving the room with the nurse.

"I'm sorry, babe. I'm sorry for making you feel like you had to agree to take care of two babies. It's going to be hard, especially with classes. How are we going to do it?" Elias hangs his head low and runs his hand through his hair in frustration.

"I didn't feel pressured if that what you think. I agreed because I want this Elias and I know it's going to be hard, but it will be worth it. We'll just stick to the same routine and if we have to, we'll each take a child and alternate during each day. It's going to be okay, babe."

Elias sighs in relief before getting up and kissing my lips as I'm hit with another wave of pain. I squeeze his hand and take deep even breaths while he moves my sweaty hair from my face.

***************************************

"She's beautiful, babe." Elias whispers as he stares at our daughter who sleeps peacefully in his arms. "And so little."

"Compared to your arms she is, now imagine when the babies grow older. They already look just alike. Everyone is going to think they're twins."

"I didn't think about that. They're only two months apart. Imagine how people will react when they find out their cousins and not twins." Elias chuckles.