Chapter 19

I smile at my best friend as she nervously fidgets with her fingers as the clock shows six-fifty. "I'm proud of you, Bella. You're not letting your fears consume you."

"It's... hard. I thought I wasn't going to be able to kiss him that day, but I pushed my fear aside and went for it. His hands were so gentle as they held me." She smiles. "I know I act like I'm not scared all the time, but you know me. The real me and you know I cover my fear and pain with humor, but when I look at Ben, I feel safe. It's like I know I don't have to be afraid anymore."

Hearing my best friend say that makes me want to cry tears of joy, because if anyone deserves to find their piece and happiness; it's her. Ben will be forever lucky to have such an amazing, free spirited soul that has the world to give, in his life. I know because I am.

"I'm glad." I pull her in for a hug. "I feel the same with Elias. Maybe this is our chance at our happiness."

A knock comes on the door and Isabella lets out a shaky breath before smiling and putting on a brave face. That's my girl. I open the door to a smiling Elias and Ben. My eyes sweep over Elias' attire. and I have to bite my lip to stop a moan from spilling out as I take in what he has on. A black Nike muscle shirt, grey joggers. Grey! And black Nike running shoes, with a grey baseball cap on backwards. Oh, he knew what he was doing. Sneaky bastard.

Ben has on a red Under Armour muscle shirt, black joggers and red Under Armour running shoes, and Isabella and I have on matching black leggings and sports bras and running shoes, and our hair picked up in a messy bun.

"Elias," I smile before looking back at Ben who nods in my direction before looking at Bella. "Ben." I greet back politely.

I step aside and allow them to enter. "Are y'all ready to go?" Elias asks as he steps inside and swiftly runs his eyes over my body before capturing my lips in a kiss.

"Yep." Isabella and I say in unison before she goes and greets a smiling Ben as he continues to look at her.

Elias and I walk decide to walk ahead of them to give them some privacy to converse without us hearing their conversation. "Did you stretch?" Elias asks once we're outside and I groan. Crap. I forgot.

"No I forgot," I sigh. "Can you hold my leg" I don't wait for him to reply before I throw my right leg at his awaiting hands in which he easily catches it. "Now pull them up. Higher."

"I kind of want to take you right now. Fuck this running. If I knew you were this flexible..." His whisper trails off as he looks down at my breast.

"Easy, big guy." I tap his chest a few times. "We don't need you getting a stiff boner again. Do we?"

He glares at me as he releases my leg and nods his head towards my other leg, and I swiftly pick it up as he pulls it up so the tip of my toes reach his shoulders. "Come here," I grab the back of his neck and pull his head down. "And I can do the splits." I whisper against his lips as a smirk plays against his lips.

Elias let's his eyes slowly close as he lets out a groan. "We can hear y'all." Isabella and Ben say in unison and both start to laugh.

"Very funny," Elias says rolling his eyes at them. "Let's go." He releases my leg and takes off running with us all trailing behind him.

***********************************

"You know... I regret saying yes to running with you." I say in between breaths as I glare at Elias who is jogging circles around me. Literally, as I stop to catch my breath. "I think my heart is going to explode."

"You're doing good. Just two more miles to go." Elias kisses my lips before stepping back and smiling.

"Two!" Isabella and I yell at the same time. "How many did we do already?"

"Two." Elias and Ben say the same time Isabella and I do a double take at them.

"Oh come on Grace, you got this. I believe in you." He pinches my flushed, sweaty cheek.

"I know you like to run four miles a day, but I was sore with just one mile yesterday. Imagine how I'm going to be with four?!" I throw my hands in the air. "This isn't right. This is attempt of woman slaughter."

"Woman slaughter?" Ben looks at me confused and I roll my eyes.

"Because she's a woman." Isabella giggles as she begins to laugh at me.

"And I'll help you with your sore muscles like I did yesterday." He smirks and slaps my butt before laughing against my lips.

"Do we really need a repeat of what almost happened yesterday again?" Now it's my turn to smirk as he stops laughing and his face begins to pail.

"What happened yesterday?" Isabella looks confused, but asks none the less as Ben arches a brow at us.

"Nothing! Nothing at all." Elias rushes out as he grabs my hand and pulls me in the direction of the sidewalk.

"Oh, come on!" Isabella yells as Ben begins to run. "We won't tell anyone. Right, Ben?"

Ben nods his head vigorously. "Your secret is safe with us. We promise."

"Nope!" Elias shouts back over his shoulder as he begins to run faster. "Come on, Grace."

"I'm coming!" I yell back as I push off the heels of my feet to try and catch up with him.

"That's what you said last night too." Elias fires back and I gasp as Isabella and Ben burst into a fit of laughter for the up tenth time tonight.

After running for another hour or so. I start to feel my legs begin to shake and I have to scream for Elias to slow down. "Can you carry me, please, Elias." I beg.

"You see I would but you stink, Grace." He smiles before walking over to and touching my nose. "But we can take a break and you can lean on me."

My phone begins to ring and I pull it out of my zipper pocket of my leggings. Before I can answer my moms call Isabella snatches the phone from my hand and answers.

"Hi, Miss, Davis."

I can't hear what my mother is saying but I know she's probably confused as to why Isabella's breathing heavy.

"Oh no. We're just running." Isabella nods her head and hums along with whatever my mother is saying until her eyes go wide and she looks at me in horror.

"What's she saying?" I ask as I try to reach for the phone.

"Oh no, Miss, Davis." Isabella looks at us three before she locks eyes with me again. "I can assure you; Lani and I are not lesbians and we are not lovers."

What the fuck? Did my mother just ask if w-we... I'm brought out of my thoughts as Elias and Ben start to laugh.

"Dude!" Isabella practically forces the phone in my hand in horror.

"H-hey, mom." I look at Elias, Isabella and Ben then back to Elias as he holds in his laugh.

"Sweetie, do I hear men laughing, are you with men at the moment? Who are they and when do I get to me-" oh hell no!

I quickly cut her off. "Sorry, mom but I'm a little busy at the moment. I can't talk right now. Love you, bye." I rush out and quickly hang up the phone.

"Bitch! Why did you have to answer the phone? I was going to silence the call." I put my hands on my hips and glare at Isabella.

"I-I... how was I suppose to know your mom thought we are secret lovers and why the hell would she think that?" Isabella ask as horror covers her face.

"I don't know... maybe because you always kiss me on my lips." I give her a duh look.

"So? I don't see the point? Your my sista mate. That's our thing." Isabella points out and grabs Bens hand and takes off running ahead of us.

Elias looks at me with a huge grin." Don't even say it." I point at him before he can say anything stupid.

"I wasn't going to do anything but kiss you, you know since that's our thing." He winks.