Chapter 40

"Elias... we can't." I try to get off the bed, but fail miserably as he hovers over me.

"And why is that?" He trails kisses down my neck until he hits my sensitive spot between my neck and collarbone. "You know you want it just as much as I do, that's why you're breathing is becoming more erratic."

I let out a breathless moan as Elias slips off his jersey that I'm wearing and before he can take off my black long sleeve undershirt we hear screaming coming from downstairs.

I look at Elias wide eye as he groans and climbs off of me. "Gets go," he grabs my arms helping me off the bed and guides me back downstairs.

The house is deathly quiet as everyone looks at the two siblings hashing it out in the kitchen.

"You just don't know when to shut up do you, Bell?" Logan screams his frustration to his sister. "Everything was going good and then you open your big mouth."

"It's not my fault you can't get over Lani. She's pregnant for crying out loud with Elias' baby. She loves Elias and you need to move on!" Bella fires back as she steps up to a now seething Logan.

"I fucking can't! I've tried, but no matter what, it will always be her! No one will ever compare to her." He whispers the last part.

"Well too fuc-" Bella's word get cut off by the loud sob of Hope as tears run down her face before she runs out the kitchen, pushing through the crowd to leave.

"Fuck! I forgot she was here." Logan throws his beer bottle against the wall and we all watch it shatter into a hundred tiny pieces as it hits the floor.

"Don't." I hold up my hand to Logan who is about to go after her. "I'll go. She won't talk to you right now. Give her space and in the mean time talk to your sister. You both need to stop this fighting."

I quickly run out the house with Elias following close behind me and sigh in relief when I see Hope. She's a crying mess, but at least she's still here. I can talk to her and maybe fix this for Logan.

"I'll be okay. I promise. Just stay here." I look up into the worried eyes of Elias. "If I need you, I will call you."

He nods his head before kissing me. "Just... please be careful." He looks back and forth between Hope and I until I nod in agreement. I watch him sit on the front steps before I turn back around and walk to Hope.

"Hope?" I say quietly as I sit on my knees in front of her and pull her in for a hug. "Are you okay?"

That's a stupid question to ask Lani. I scold myself. Of course she isn't okay.

"Why am I never good enough?" She cries out on my shoulder. "Why am I always the last option? He's only with me because he can't ha-have you."

"Shhh..." I rub soothing circles on her back. "That's not true. You are enough, he just needs time. The wounds are still fresh, Hope. It's only been four in a half months."

She pulls back and wipes her tears before looking at me. "You don't understand. I l-love him. How can I be with someone who can't get over his first love? How can I be with someone who still love's someone else?"

I frown as her words echo in my head. Is this how Elias feels? No. He would of told me. Elias doesn't keep anything from me. If I'm hurting him, he would tell me.

"I-I'm going to be honest with you, because I feel like honesty is always the key. It's going to be hard for Logan. He's loved me since he was six years old. It's going to take time to let me go and its still fresh for him. Give him time. He does care about you. He told me himself. You make him happy, Hope. Just... please don't give up. He's worth it, I promise."