Chapter 36

Todays the day we get to hear my baby's heartbeat and see he or she for the first time. I'm excited yet nervous.

I know Elias is happy too and that makes it even more better that we can share our happiness and love for our child together.

I had just finished taking a shower and getting dressed when Elias barges in the room with Ben behind him, dragging me out of my thoughts.

"Look man, fuck him. It doesn't matter what he says or thinks. We all know he's just an overbearing ass with wife issues at home."

"What's going on?" I ask Ben as he tries to calm a pacing Elias down.

"Coach Todd said some fucked up shit to him and now he's pissed off. Everyone's pissed off really, even Coach Jameson." Ben says looking at me then back to Elias.

"How fucking dare him, man! I don't know who pissed in his coffee this morning, but he better be glad I didn't beat his ass!" Elias yells as he continues to pace the room with his fist balled up by his side.

"I got it." I tell Ben before walking to Elias.

"Hey, hey." I gently cup his face. "Look at me. It's going to be okay. Just calm down and take a deep breath and let it out slowly. Let the anger go, babe. You're letting it consume you right now and you're better then that." I kiss his lips and pull back to look in his furious brown orbes.

Elias takes a deep breath and pulls me into his arms as he continues to shake in anger. "What happened, Ben." I ask looking behind me to where Ben is standing.

"I'll let Elias tell you. I have class to get to, but if you need me call me. Are you going to be okay, Eli?"

"Yeah, thanks man." Elias says before sitting on the bed and pulling me in front of him as he wraps his arms around my waist.

Ben nods and closes the door behind him and for a couple of minutes it's quiet in the room and in the house. I turn towards Elias who has his face against my stomach as his grip tightens slightly around my waist.

"What happened, babe?" I ask as I mindlessly run my fingers through his hair.

I can feel him loosen his arms slightly as he lets go of the anger before a sob wrecks his body.

"Hey, you don't have to talk about it if you don't want to okay? When you're ready I want you to know I will listen." I say as I get on my knees and wipe away the tears on his face and he nods.

Elias pulls me up and lays me on the bed with him and for a couple of minutes we lay in silence as I listen to his heartbeat underneath my ear.

"Coach Todd called the baby a mistake. Said I was stupid for not wrapping up my díck and that I might as well not come back to practice, because I would have to quit college and give up my dream to get a job. It pissed me off Grace, when he referred to our child as a mistake, and you a piece of ass." He takes in a deep breath and inhales the scent of my hair before continuing.

"I was so angry I told him who my parents were and showed him how much money I have. I threw it in his face to prove him wrong and that's not me. I never wanted to be that person and all it took was one second for him to change that about me. My parents would be disappointed that I did what, babe. They taught us never to do that and I promised myself I would never wave money in someone else's face no matter the circumstances." He begins to shake as another sob exits his mouth.

"Your parents would not be disappointed in you, Elias. I know you might think that right now, but your heart was in the right place when you did it. It is justifiable. You defended your girlfriend and unborn child to a arrogant ass. He's a nobody and his opinion doesn't matter. Don't let his words and judgment change who you are as a person. Don't let him put anger in your heart. I'm sure your parents are looking down on you smiling. You stood up and voiced your thoughts and defended the ones you love. Their proud of you, babe."