Chapter 33

ELIAS' POV

Pregnant. Those are the words that are on this pregnancy stick. I blink a few times and see the same words mocking me.

I feel my hands begin to shake and my pulse come to life right under my fingertips. The ringing in my ears is becoming stronger and it's getting hard to swallow.

Then it stops. My hands become steady, my pulse begins to regulate and the fierce ringing in my ears seizes and I gulp.

I'm going to be a dad. "When did you find out?" Nothing. No answer. I look up and see the door closed and I'm alone. The words I told her earlier play in my head. They laugh at me. She left because I told her I needed time. I broke it off with her. Shit! I drop the pregnancy test on the bed and run out my room.

"Where's Grace?" I look around and don't see her. I run my hands through my hair and open the front door. She's not there.

"Ben took her home like ten minutes ago. Are you okay dude? You don't look to well." Billy says looking at me with concern.

"Maybe you should sit down, bro. It looks like you're going to pass out any second now." Mark grabs my arm and I shrug him off.

"She left?" I mindlessly go to the kitchen and grab a bottle of scotch and begin to drink. "S-She left. She just gave me t-the... she left? Are you sure?" Its all coming out a jumbled mess. I look at Mark and Billy, then take a drink of the brown liquor that's in my hand.

"Dude are you okay? Your girl has you all kinds of fucked up, huh?" Mark says just as Bella and Ben walk in.

"Sh-she left, Bells. She just gave me th-the..." Fuck I can't even say it. I lick my dry lips before taking another drink. "She left. I didn't know. She was there and then she wasn't. I-I looked up and I thought she was still there. Fuck!" I can't even talk. I can't breath, everything is closing in on me. I take my shirt off as I feel it suffocating me and grip my head as Bella comes up to me and takes the bottle out of my hand.

"I know. I know, Eli, but you need to calm down and breathe. Inhale from your mouth and exhale from your nose." I do as she says and I slowly feel myself start to relax after what seems like forever.

"You were having a panic attack. Just relax and breathe." She picks up my shirt off the floor and hands it to me.

"Th-the baby. She's p-pregnant and I-I'm going to be a dad. Fuck! I can't do this. What if I fuck up? That's a whole life I'm going to be responsible for." I look at Bella who has her hand on her forehead. "Where is she? She needs to know that I love her. She needs to know that I'll be there for her and our child."

"Elias!" She screams out as she shakes me. "You just told the whole fucking house you're having a baby! Shut the fuck up!"

I look around wide eyes and see the whole fucking house minus Logan staring at me with wide eyes.

"Fuck!" I yell. "Not a fucking word. She will really castrate me if she finds out I opened my big fucking mouth." I look at everyone in the house who nods their heads quickly.

"I need to go. I'll be back." I put my shirt on and run upstairs and get my keys and lock my door before running back downstairs.

"Where you going?" Bella yells at me as everyone in the house stares at me in complete shock.

"I'm going to Grace. I'll be back." I run out the door as Logan climbs the steps up to the house. "Hey, man." I hit his shoulder as I run past his confused face.

I feel happy. Excited even. I don't know why but I'm going to be a dad. I'm going to have someone who will love me forever. I'm having a baby with the woman I love.