Chapter 14

ELIAS' POV

I don't know from first hand experience how it feels like to be in love, but I have heard that love makes people do crazy things sometimes. I knew Logan loved Grace as a sister, but I never thought he wanted more, that he craved for more.

Our friendship is ruined. There's no going back from the events that corresponded earlier today, and I'm okay with it. I could never be friends with anyone who objectifies women the way he does. I was raised to treat woman with respect, to never slander their name. To treat them at a higher level of respect. If I did anything but that, my mother-God rest her soul-would be turning in her grave and although she was an incredible wife and mother, she could scare you with just one look.

I gave Logan the benefit of the doubt last night and stayed silent, only jumping in when necessary, but not anymore. No matter how angry you are, you never treat people with such disrespect, especially the people you love.

"If you ever need anything or anyone to talk to, know that I'm always a phone call away." I look at Bella and smile. "You will always be like a sister to me no matter the relationship between your brother and I."

"I'm sorry it came down to this. I'm sorry for what happened earlier and I apologize for my brothers behavior. I really don't know what has gotten into him."

I nod as I give her a tight lip smile as we reach the bottom step. Ben is cleaning up the blood as Logan sits on the couch with his head between his hands. He must of heard us coming because he looks in our direction and he sighs.

"How is she?" Logan asks and I can see the worry in his eyes and it makes me angry.

"Don't!" I point at him as I walk his direction. "You don't get to worry about her after the damage and pain you caused her today!"

Ben comes up to me and holds me back and I quickly shrug him off. "I'm not going to hit him, as much as I want to knock his fucking head off I respect Bella and I know that she still loves her brother. I won't cause her anymore pain then she's already in." I tell Ben who looks at me with respect then steps back.

Isabella looks at me and offers me a smile and a small nod of appreciation. "But I do have a few words I would like to tell your brother if it's okay with you?"

"Of course, but remember to save some for me." She turns to glare at Logan who stands up. "Please don't be too harsh." She whispers the last part for me to only hear as she glances my way.

"I don't understand how you can say you love her but treat her like shít? That's not love, Logan." I shake my head. "Grace was right. You need help. I never would of been friends with you if I knew this is how you are as a person."

I look at Ben as he takes another step back but still looks at me with concern. "You did a lot of damage in the expand of one day. One fucking day! I've told you everything about me, about my family and you were willing to throw it in my face the second you became angry with me. That's hitting below the belt and that's fucked up, Logan. You have so many people who love you and what do you do? You hurt them and push them away. You're blessed, man." I shake my head as I close my eyes briefly.

"I have no one!" I scream as I fight back tears. "The ones that loved me are dead and I would do anything to get another day with them. Another chance with them. Whatever is causing you to behave like this, I really hope you get it sorted out and fast before you lose everyone you love."

"Yo-" Logan begins but I don't let him talk. He did enough of that already.

"I didn't come here to hear what you have to say, Logan but I am sorry for what happened. I really am, but you can't blame me for being with Grace when you hid your feelings towards her. If you would of told me, I would of never crossed that line. I respected our friendship too much. I just wish I knew it was only one sided." I look at Bella and see her fighting back her tears as well.

"Don't talk to Grace, don't even look her direction. She needs time to heal from the damage you caused. If and when she's ready she will come talk to you, but I really hope she doesn't." All three look at me with confused faces.

"You don't deserve someone like her in your life and after I warned you twice yesterday you still wouldn't listen. You don't treat people like that, especially females. I will talk to you on the field because as team captain that's my job and I'm not going to be reliable for ruining the game for everyone who works hard everyday to win, but once we step off that field I don't want you to talk to me. I gave you two chances too many and I'm done with you. I really hope you get the help you need."

Bella's eyes are wide as she stares at me then after a few moments she nods in understanding. I look at Ben and nod my head as I clasp his shoulder. He really is a good guy. I see the way he looks at Bella and I really hope he ends up with her. They both deserve to be happy after everything they have been through.

Ben looks at Bella with longing before he turns to me and mentions for us to leave.

"How is she?" Bens asks as we begin to climb the stairs.

I sigh before looking at him. "Honestly... I don't know. Is one ever really okay after experiencing something so traumatic?" I ask before guilt seeps in. "I'm sor-"

Ben stops me from continuing talking with a raise of his hand as he stops walking and looks at me for a few seconds before he begins to walk again. "You're going to need to be patient with her. It will get a little better over time, but there will be things that set her off. Times when she will feel repulsed by your touch. Don't take it personal, just back away and give her some space when that happens and allow her to come to you." He clasps my shoulder as he looks in my eyes. "She will come to you though. Just don't push her for answers and most importantly show her you will be there for her. Be patient, bro."

I nod in understanding. If anyone could give me advice in this it would be him. Ben was molested as a child by his uncle for six years. He has his triggers and I try to be there for him when that happens. No one on the team knows except for me. I think he has this fear that people will judge him or look at him differently, and that's the last thing he wants.

Ben really is a good guy and I think him and Bella will be good for each other. I just wish Logan saw that.

"I will. Thanks Ben." I pat his back as he nods his head and walks to his room.

" Ben..." I call out to him in which he turns around. "Don't let her go before anything great can even begin. Fight for her. She's a good woman and deserves to be happy as much as you do."

"Oh I plan on doing everything I can to make her mine." He smiles back at me before walking into his room.