Chapter 31

ELIAS' POV

Groaning out loud I stir awake and hit the alarm clock beside by bed. I hate early morning practices especially when I wake up at five-thirty, five days a week. Love the game, but hate the practice.

I check my phone and see one missed call from Grace and sigh. I didn't hear it when I should have. Do I call her back? Hell no. I'm not trying to have her chew off my head. Both heads that is.

I roll out of bed and take a piss, brush my teeth and put deodorant on before getting ready for the day.

Leaving the room I check to make sure I have everything I'm going to need before locking up.

"Hey man, is Alani okay?" Dimitri asks and I quickly turn around and face him and Mark.

"Alani? My Alani?" I ask pointing a finger to my chest.

They must of seen my confused face because they look at each other equally confused as well. "She ran in here around ten-thirty last night, bro. She was crying and barefooted, soaked from the rain." Dimitri says looking at me with a crease in between his eyebrows, while Mark nods in agreement.

"Yeah, bro she just busted in here like the outdoors was on fire. The door hit the wall and the doorknob made a hole in it."

I blink twice before I can get my brain to somewhat work. "My Alani? Grace?" I ask to make sure I heard right.

"Yeah, bro. Alani. Your girl." They both say in unison and I frown.

"She's not in my room and she never came in last night either. The door was still locked." I look around confused and drop my bag to call her, but before I can retrieve my phone from my pocket I see her leaving Logan's room. Why is she leaving his room at five-forty in the morning?

She just woke up. Why the hell was she in Logan's room? Why the hell does she look like she had a rough fucking night?

"Grace..." I say and she jumps as she looks up and when she does fear crosses her face along with guilt.

I see Dimitri and Mark look at each other, then Grace and me before they start walking away slowly with a "oh shit" face.

"Room now." I try not to yell because I know it triggers her, but I'm furious at the moment. I'm shaking.

She follows behind me and I quietly close the door behind me and turn towards her.

"Look at me, Grace. Why were you coming out of Logan's room before the sun can even rise? What were you doing here? I know you stayed here, but not here in this room. Did you stay with Logan?" I say and when I don't get an answer after three minutes I lose my temper.

"Look at me, Grace!" She jumps but does as I say. "Did you sleep with him? My God... you did didn't you? That's why you can't look at me because you're guilty!" I begin to pace the room as I pull my hair with both hands.

"What? No!" She fires back but with the look she has on her face I'm not sure what to believe. I want to believe her, but she's making it hard to.

"Then what did you do Alani, because that doesn't look like a face of a person who is innocent. Why were you there? "What. Did. You. Do." I say through gritted teeth.

"I-I didn't sleep with him, Elias. I p-promise." She cries out and takes a step towards me, in which I take two steps back causing her to frown. "I can't tell you why I was there. I'm sorry I can't. l-I... we kissed. Just kissed once then we fell asleep.

"So it's okay to shove you're tongue down someone else's throat huh? My roommate? I gave up our friendship because of the way he treated you and because it was the right thing to do and you're just going to go and kiss him?" I yell and watch her flinch back a little in fear. Fuck it's hard to get angry the way I want to. The way I feel I should.I take a deep breath and close my eyes.