Chapter 23

Yesterday was horrible. After Ben and I went to the frat house. I stayed in the room and waited for Elias to show up, but he never did. I know I called him a few times and texted him but, then I got drunk and let's just say I don't remember what happened from there.

I had a hangover from hell and after the hot bubble bath and some tacos I can say I'm never drinking again.

And Elias... he said he loved me. I wasn't expecting that and as much as I wanted to hear it I wanted to kick him in the balls. How can he say he loves me when he didn't show it.

I know I was being dramatic today and I know it was wrong to accuse him of using me but that's how I felt at the moment.

"Lani, are you okay?" Isabella snaps her fingers in my face.

"Yeah... sorry I was just thinking." I smile. "Elias told me he loved me today."

"You're lying?" She gasps. "Did you tell him back?"

"I...um... told him he couldn't say that to me." I fiddle with my fingers that are on my lap.

"Wha-what?" Isabella looks at me with a confused look. "Let me get this straight. You love Elias and he loves you back? He told you he loves you and instead of telling him you love him too you attacked him for saying what he felt?"

"Well when you put it that way, I feel like a real bitch. Was I wrong to attack him that way? If he loved me he wouldn't be keeping secrets from me, he wouldn't have left me when push came to shove."

"He's human, Lani. He got scared and panicked and y'all had y'all's first fight. It happens. If you love him, don't let him go." She smiles. "But don't let him think he can get away with things that upset you. Make him communicate with you, if you want to make it work. If both of you want to make it work, it has to be fifty-fifty, and there has to be a strong communication system set in place. Also make him ask you out the proper way too."

I know she's right. I need to talk to him like an adult. We can get through this small bump as long as he's honest with me, but it is okay to be angry a little longer.

"Okay." I smile at Isabella as I flip through Netflix. "Your right, but I'm going to stay angry a little longer. What do you want to watch?"

"Good. Oh... Vampire Diaries she says excitedly."

***********************************

An hour into watching The Vampire Diaries our door opens and in walks an eager Elias.

Isabella and I look at each other with arched brows then look at Elias as he glares at me.

"You can't return my text messages?" He points to the phone beside me on the bed.

I shrug my shoulders, "I didn't think it was important enough."

"Oh so that's how you want to play huh? He walks over to me and picks me up and throws me over his shoulders.

"Elias..." I squeal. "What are you doing? Put me down."

"Nope." He slaps my ass. "You want to stay mad at me that's fine but you're going to have to do it at my place, after all you have twenty football players waiting to watch Supernatural."

"I don't know what your saying, Elias." I cross my arms as I glare at a laughing Bella. "Bitch, help me." I say to Isabella.

"Hand me her shoes, Bella." Elias points to my white Air Force 1's. "You woke up twenty football players so you can search their rooms for salt, including calling my coaches. You even made Coach Jameson bring salt to the house at three in the morning and made everyone stay up with you while you salted all the doors and windows to the house.