Chapter 39

It's the ending of the fourth quarter with one minute and fifteen second left of the game and we're up by seven.

I watch as the play is called and the ball is thrown to Elias who takes a kneel in the middle of the field. "We won!" I turn to Bella who is jumping up and down as the rest of the crowd goes wild with excitement.

I look to Elias who kisses his index and middle finger and points them in my direction as he mouths "I love you."

I cup my mouth with my hands and scream out "I love you, baby" before Elias runs to me and jumps in the stands pulling me down for a fierce kiss as the cameras follow his every move. I blush as I quickly tuck my face into his sweaty neck. I hear him chuckle before kissing me on my head and wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Sorry, baby. I just had to kiss you. I missed you so much, my little good luck charm."

Before he can lean down and kiss my stomach I stop him. "Don't. The cameras are on us and my mom doesn't know yet remember." I whisper quietly.

"Sor-" he's cut off by Coach Jameson.

"Miller! Get your ass back here." Coach yells before patting Logan on his back.

"Ready, baby?" Elias looks at me before jumping down and opening his arms wide as he smiles up at me. "Jump,"

"Really?" I ask and he nods vigorously. I close my eyes and squeal as I jump into Elias' awaiting arms. I feel him catch me with ease and set me on my feet. I slowly open my eyes as he wraps his arm around my waist and guides us through the field.

"I'm so proud of you." I say smiling up at him as he looks down and kisses my lips tenderly.

"Thank you, Grace." He drags me in front of him and wraps his sweaty arms around my shoulders.

"Oh hell no." I hold back my gag as I catch a whiff of Elias. "Babe, you stink and unless you want me to vomit, I would step back."

He quickly does as I say apologizing before grabbing my hand and leading me to the guys as he goes and talks to a news reporter.

"I'm so proud of y'all but don't get to close because y'all really do stink." The guys laugh and nod in appreciation.

"So how's everything going?" Logan nods towards my stomach before looking back up at me with a small smile.

"So far so good. I'll be ten weeks Monday and my due date is August the thirteenth." I sigh in relief. "What about you and don't lie to me Loggy Bear."

"I'm doing good actually. Hope is happy and that makes me happy. I'm finally the happiest I've been in years." He smiles and I see that it's a smile that reaches his eyes and it makes me want to cry tears of joy.

"Grace!" I hear Elias yell somewhere from the less then crowded field. My eyes search for him and when I find him, he's still with the news reporter, but his attention is on me. "Catch, baby."

Logan's chuckles beside me. "He wants to show you off." I groan at Logan's words but comply with my boyfriends request. I catch his ball and watch him take off down the field. I swiftly throw the ball and watch him catch it with ease as people around us cheer. "I taught her that." Logan yells out as he pulls me in for a bone crushing hug.

"Do you see how amazing she is?" Assholes! I quickly cover my face with my hands to hide my embarrassment. Logan let's me go before I'm picked up by Elias who is now spinning me in a circle. "I love you, baby!" He yells as people watch in awe.

I love you too." I giggle before kissing his lips. "I'm going to kick you ass when it's just us two. Just wait." I whisper against his lips.

He smiles at me, but he should know I'm not playing. He wants to embarrass me in front of everyone, and I'm talking everyone. The whole damn world who was watching the game. He knows I don't like the attention.