Chapter 37

We made it with fifteen minutes to spare as I checked in and begin to fill out the paperwork.

I never knew why doctors always needed so much information. It's quite barbaric and obnoxious if you ask me, however I guess it is necessary.

"Babe, I'm finished." I whisper to Elias who takes it from me and takes it to the receptionist.

I pull out my phone and decide to text Elian to let him know about the appointment, since I doubt Elias remembered.

Me: I don't know if your brother told you, but we're currently at the doctors appointment to check on the baby. I'll send you a picture of the sonogram when we're done. Wish us luck! 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Elias returns and sits beside me just as my phone vibrates on my lap.

Ian: He might be to nervous to even remember where his head is at. Record the baby's heartbeat and send it to me please?🙏🏻 Counting down the minutes and good luck. Tell Eli I said to stop stressing and to quit bouncing that damn leg. 😂

I look over to Elias who indeed is bouncing that "damn leg." A giggle escapes past my mouth before I can stop it and Elias turns to me with a confused look before he smiles. "What?" He pulls my into his arms for a quick hug.

"Look" I give him my phone so he can read the text his brother sent and as he's reading it, a small smile appears and continues to grow the more he reads it.

I lean my head on his shoulder and lace my arm through his as he holds my hand and kisses my head. I see the older nurse looking at us with a loving smile.

"You must be Alani Davis?" She smiles before looking at her clipboard then back to me. "If you both will follow me, I'll get you into a room." Elias and I nod our heads and follow behind the nurse. Elias grabs my hand and gives a reassuring squeeze. I don't know if it was meant for me or more for himself. However I don't mind.

"This room right here should do." She opens the door and stands in front of it to allow us to enter. "Okay, Alani. Since this is you're first visit I'm going to need you to pee in this cup to confirm the pregnancy and change into this gown once you're done urinating. Dr. Madison, will have to do a pap smear and afterwards a ultrasound. Do you have any questions?" She looks between Elias and I and smiles.

"Oh no, we're good. Thank you though." I say before walking into the restroom.

Once I'm done I come out in my gown and give my urine to the nurse.

"Thank you, sweetie. The doctor will be with you shortly." She smiles before walking out.

"Babe, can you tie me up?" I look from the now closed door to Elias who just got off his phone.

"Yeah." He gets up and walks over to me as I turn around. "Even in this ugly hospital gown you still look beautiful." He kisses the top of my head and I close my eyes and lean into his loving arms.

A knock echos through the room before a woman who looks to be in her late forties comes in wearing a white coat. "Hi. My name is Dr. Madison, you must be the new mommy to be, Alani and that must make you the new father to be. Elias, right? Congrats and I'll be your doctor throughout your pregnancy. Now why don't you sit and lay back so we can get started?"

".... and now it's time for the ultrasound. Are you guys ready?" Dr. Madison looks between Elias and I.

"Yeah." Elias and I say in unison just as we hear the baby's heartbeat. Elias pulls out his phone to records it.

"The baby has a strong heartbeat. Now let's see the baby." She looks at me before moving the transducer around.

Elias nervously kisses me and gently squeezes my hand before looking at the monitor screen, and then we see it. Our baby the size of a grape.