Chapter 44

ELIAS' POV

She left. Everything was going so good. We were happy. I feel my frustration spike before gripping my hair and pulling at the roots. "FUCK!" I scream out my frustration. My pain. My anger.

"Calm down, bro. It's going to be okay." Ben pulls my hands away from my hair. "Just give her time."

"Why can't people just let us be? Why can't the let us be fucking happy?" I laugh and shake my head. "'Naw... it's my fault. I should of told her even though I knew it was going to break her heart. Why does she have to have a fucking big heart and then she's so hormonal all the time now. I just hate seeing her cry." I say looking at Ben who nods in understanding.

"Sometimes the truth hurts, man. That is why it is better to tell the truth then to hide it. Hiding it will only make it worse and eventually it will come and destroy the very foundation you built. Take it from me. I hid the truth for six years and where did it get me, Elias? You know the shit I've been through. You know the demons I face. If it wasn't for you or Bella, I wouldn't be standing here." He pulls me into a hug and I silently thank God that he is. He's become my best friend.

"I know." I clear my throat. "I'm just going to give her time and pray we can work through this."

"You will." He slaps my back before walking to Logan, who looks angry.

"You know Hope, I finally see what is standing in front of me and I don't think you understand how disgusted I feel for once caring for someone so evil like you. You don't hurt the people you love, therefore you never really loved me." Logan laughs before stepping back. "Alani is the one who helped me see that you were worth it. She only ever wanted me to be happy. You may think you know her, but you don't. Alani is the one who saved my life. She's the one who stopped me from killing myself."

Hopes eyes widen as tears pour from her eyes and a sob wrecks her body. "I-I'm sorry, Logan. I-I didn't know. Please... just give me a chance and we can talk this through. I will apologize to Alani."

"The damage is already done, Hope. You judged her without getting to know the real her and for that I don't want to see you every again. Any person who can do something like that to somebody else, let alone a pregnant women is a monster. Hell you hanging around Reina just shows what type of character you have. She's going to drag you down with her. Reina already has her claws in you so deep." He throws back her words and I smile as I see the hurt cross her eyes. Good. "Let's go." He looks between Ben and I.

"You come around Grace and I and I will destroy you. I will make it that no college will ever want you including this one and no job will ever hire you, just ask around and anyone will tell you what I'm capable of. That's goes for Reina as well. You be sure to relay that message back to her." I walk away and climb into the driver set of my car as Logan gets in the back seat while Ben gets in the front.

"Fuck!" I scream out and punch the steering wheel a couple of times. "Why does our relationship have so many fucking obstacles and y'all's don't?" I turn to look at Ben before laying my forehead on the steering wheel and closing my eyes all while trying to even out my breathing.

"Because Bella and I took our time to get to know each other. You guys just jumped right into a relationship. Let's not forget the sex. You guys had sex... what the first night y'all meet? I've been with Bella for months and we still haven't crossed that line." Ben raises his arms in surrender when I glare at him.

"Oh, thank goodness." Logan whispers in the back.

"So you're saying that our relationship is going to fail because we rushed into it?" I raise a brow at Ben.