Chapter 15

I wake up with a pounding headache. I slowly sit up and take in my surroundings. I let out a sigh of relief and relax my back against the headboard when I realize I'm in Elias' room.

He knows. He knows the truth along with everyone else. I feel my heart clench at the thought of what's to come and I know I can't be mad at Bells because at the end of the day she did what she thought was best for me at the moment. She always does.

My phone starts to ring, bringing me out of my thoughts and without checking to see who's calling, I answer. "Hello?"

"Why haven't you called me today, Alani Grace? I've been worried and when you didn't answer the first two times..." she trails off.

"I'm sorry, mom." I see piece of gum on the night stand and pop it in my mouth. "I-I had a bad day today so I was sleeping."

"Bad day?" Her worried voice filters through my phone. "What happened and don't you dare say nothing because I know when you're lying."

I sigh as I play with my cuticles around my nails. "Uh... Logan said somethings that upset me."

"Logan?" She says bewildered. "What did he say? Do I need to call him?"

I hear the restroom door open and Elias walks out with only his boxers and a towel in his hand as he dries his hair. He suddenly stops walking and looks at me with concern.

I'm brought out of our little staring contest when I hear my mother calling my name. "No, mom you don't need to call him. I really can't blame him. He didn't know and besides, I think he's going through things as well. Let me figure this out on my own, please."

"Alright, sweetie. If you insist, but you let me know if you need anything and remember I'm only an hour away. I love you."

"I love you too, mom." I hang up the phone and awkwardly play with it in my hand as I wait. Wait for what? The shit to hit the fan? The dust to settle?

Maybe the longer I sit here the less awkward it will be. Maybe I won't have to face his eyes of pity or his eyes of disgust. Maybe if I sit here and act like nothing didn't change between us he won't tell me to get out, that I'm damaged goods.

Moments pass us by and I finally get the courage to look up and what I see hurts me. "Please don't look at me like that." I whisper quietly.

"Like what?" Elias ask as he walks to his dresser and puts on his boxer briefs and his black joggers.

"With pity. I don't need pity, Elias." I look down at my lap as I feel a tear fall down my cheek.

"You think I pity you? I don't pity you, Grace. I'm scared."

Scared? I look up and meet his brown eyes. He must of noticed my confused face as his face softens and he looks at his feet before he slowly takes steps towards me.

"I'm scared you're going to reject me. Push me away." He whispers as he finally reaches me.

I feel my heart beat pulse erratically before they resume their normal beat. He's not going to run. He's not going to look at me with pity or worse; disgust. I inwardly smile as I look in his eyes and see the truth behind them. He really is scared, thinking I'm going to push him away.

"I won't push you away as long as you don't do the same, but please don't treat me like I'm some porcelain doll."

He smiles as he gently cups my face and sits beside me on the bed. "Never. Now can I kiss you?"

I smile as I pull him in for a kiss. The moment I feel his tongue touch mine I let out a low moan as I taste the toothpaste on his tongue. He smiles into the kiss and moves to hover on top of me.