Epilogue

FOUR YEARS LATER

  "We want to welcome our most valuable, most talked about player for three years now. Please give a warm welcome to the New York Giants quarterback, Elias Miller."

I clap my hands as my husband of two years walks on stage. Our eyes lock and he smiles at us before shaking the news anchors hand.

I was able to transfer out to NYU when Elias graduated from Texas State University. Sadly I dropped out my first semester here. Having two children and Elias being away most of the time due to practice and games, was to stressful for my mental health. I had a mental breakdown in class with two crying babies and from then my mental health shifted downhill drastically. My career ended and Elias' career has just took off and six months in we separated for two months. That was the hardest time of my life and sadly one of the hardest for Elias as well.

Elias was against us taking a break and begged us not to, but I needed it. I needed to work on my mental health and work on figuring out who I was again, because I had lost sight of who I was when I became a mother and I was determined to find myself and go back and be the best mother and girlfriend I could again and I did.

We co-parented well, and when I found myself again, Elias and I got back together and worked on our problems together and a couple of months after Elias proposed and we got married three months later. I couldn't be happier where life has lead us.

"Thank you for having me." Elias replies with a smile before taking a seat in the plush leather chair as the camera zooms in on his face.

"Thank you for being here. We know your many talents on the field, but we the people don't really know anything about your life off the field. You're a very private man and we can't seem to figure you out. There are speculations floating around that you're married and we see you have a wedding band, but we do-" Sandy, the news anchors voice is interrupted by our children.

"Daddy! Daddy!" Elian and Eliana yell in unison catching the attention of Elias and everyone else in the room.

Elias chuckles before the kids jump off their seats and run to him. "Kids get back here." I whisper yell as I stand up to get them.

"They're fine." Sandy says with a smile. I find my seat and sit down when the kids make it to Elias who has his arms opened wide for them to jump in.

He picks them up and places them on his lap as we hear "awe" come from the audience.

"So you are married and with two kids? Do you mind telling us how your love story started?" Sandy smiles as she looks at Elias and the kids who wave shyly at her.

"Yes I'm happily married to my beautiful wife and have been for two years. My wife and I have two kids and one on the way. My wife is right there." Elias points to me and the camera turns to me and I wave and smile at the camera before Sandy calls me on stage. I go and sit beside Elias who gives me a quick kiss on the lips.

"Mommy, Ian won't get off." Eliana complains the same time Elian argues back.

"Daddy, I want to sit with Mommy, Elia is being mean." Elian sticks his tongue out at his sister before Elias can tell them to behave.

"You both stop fighting and say sorry to each other." Elias gently says earning the fans in the audience to aww and clap at his parenting skill.

Elias is an amazing father. He goes above and beyond to be there for the kids. He's patient and understanding with them and is always there to listen to them. I could go on and on on how great he is.

"I'm sorry, Ian." Eliana says with her face in her dads chest.

"It's okay, Elia." He pulls her in for a hug and kisses her forehead. Something he picked up from Elias. "I'm sorry for being a meany. Daddy can I sit with Mommy now?"