ch.7

including jae in the cast did not age well. in no way do i support or tolerate any of the disrespectful things he has said, especially against my girl JAMIE LIKE ??? boy bye.

 in no way do i support or tolerate any of the disrespectful things he has said, especially against my girl JAMIE LIKE ??? boy bye

chapter seven - vinyls and friends.
0:35 ━❍──────── -3:18
↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺
VOLUME: ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇ 100%

unedited ( will be edited later )

"Where are we going?" Jisung asked from his seat at shot gun. Jeno quickly turned in his direction before shifting his eyes back to the road ahead.

Beating the eldest to it, Donghyuck answered. "We're getting my girlfriend, what else?" He cockily shot back, leaning back comfortably in the seats behind.

Jisung glanced up to the rear view mirror, watching as Chenle and Mark began to snicker. "You wish Aeri was your girlfriend," The Zhong teased, puckering his lips playfully towards the tanned.

Mark nodded, "I think none of us could touch her,". The eldest added, referring to the past.

After walking in on Jisung throwing off his shirt and taking off his jeans in front of an equally as desperate Haneul, Aeri's and his relationship had gone south. The woman was absolutely furious.

She knew the groupie was always pinning after the male. Aeri didn't like to be the person to be judgmental of how someone dressed or acted, but Haneul's actions had completely stood out from the other groupies. She wore short, revealing shirts and the tightest bottoms she could find. She also made a large effort to always butt into the couple's conversations, even when the topics weren't about the band.

It had ticked off Aeri a lot, so much to the point, majority of her arguments with Jisung was revolved around Haneul.

And it wasn't the fact that she wasn't secure in their relationship nor felt insecure, but Haneul's never ending efforts of winning over the lead singer had conflicted with the couple's time together and relationship in whole.

The two would be about to leave practice for a date, but suddenly Haneul wants to be taught how to play guitar by Jisung. They would be on the verge of kissing, but someone had to interrupt any chance they got. And most importantly, someone had to plant ideas into the male's head— always whispering about how suspicious Aeri was or how she seemed too close with other members.

It drove her up the walls, and finally seeing the pair a few seconds before jumping into his bed for sex, lips swollen with dark spots and pink lipstick scattered along each of their bodies — Aeri's and Jisung's three year relationship had gone down the toilet.

All of the late night phone calls about what the future holds for them, the deep conversations whether or not the other was truly okay and not faking a mask, random spontaneous dates to their favorite places, and just talking about kids, marriage, dreams, hopes and failures suddenly meant nothing. She didn't understand how all of that could be so easy to give up.

She's always wondered why he did what he did.

And to this day, she hadn't come up with a single plausible reason.

"Why?"

"Because she needs a ride to rehearsal, and we're gentlemen, or at least most of us are," Donghyuck quipped, threading his slender fingers through his brunette hair.

Jisung scoffed under his breath, removing his gaze from the older and returning it to the scenery displayed past his window. The rest of the ride to who knows where was silent. And no it was not the type of silence that settled neatly upon a good group of friends, it was eerie. The sting of the previous statement spoken still lingered and delicately rose the hairs on everyone's neck— but they chose to not acknowledge it.

Jeno parked a car outside of a retro-like music store. It's exposed brick walls and numerous band posters that hung against the main wall behind the register could be seen past the large windows. It was oddly welcoming, yet held a sense territory-crossing within Jisung. Because, of course, the male recognized K-Records, the store Aeri had an attachment to.

Lost in his own bubble, the blonde didn't realize the empty car until Chenle had knocked on his window. Jisung's eyes widened for a second— startled— but he soon got the hint and left the vehicle. He followed the Zhong inside, where the others had already entered.

The familiar smell of pine and wood infiltrated his senses. It was just the same, but perhaps the aroma had gotten stronger after being not affiliated with for over a year.

Jisung's dark orbs traveled around the room. He spotted his favorite wall of vinyl records, the wall of signatures from local and famous artists that have visited, and the multiple aisles of CDs and albums.

Reeling him back to his surroundings, the melodious giggling of his ex girlfriend flowed into his ear.

His eyes immediately darted towards her laughing figure, sat atop the register counter, chatting with the young owner.

"Jae, you're kidding right? I can't believe you still need your father to help around here. He retired for a reason, y'know," Aeri scolded non-seriously. She's always been close to the Parks and she became especially closer to them a few years ago. Jaehyung was practically her brother from another mother, as cheesy as it sounded, and they loved their dynamic.

"Well, if you would've applied to here like you promised you would, you could help me instead of him," The 28 year old sassed, wiping down the counter surface, simultaneously nudging the girl off.

She listened, jumping down to the wood flooring— still giggling to herself. "Don't be salty. I help around and for free, I just don't like committing to it because you'll be on my ass on my days off,"

"Who else is gonna help make sure that this place doesn't burn into ruins?" He countered, looking up through his glasses.

"Ask YoungK or Sungjin!" Aeri rolled her eyes, arguing back.

Before the pair could continue bickering, Mark stepped forward and cleared his throat. "Hate to interrupt this lovely conversation, we have rehearsals, Aeri,"

Mouth agape, it was as if the girl had suddenly remembered her responsibilities. She nodded hastily, bidding her friend a goodbye. "Oh crap, sorry Jae. I gotta go,"

Jae waved her off, shaking his head dismissively. "It's alright, go practice. You need it," He joked, cracking a smile on her sullen face. "Dowoon and Sammy are coming to keep me company anyway,"

Just after, she rushed around the counter and gave him a tight hug out of nervousness for the upcoming practice as it would be on the Next Hit stage.

Jae patted her back adoringly, before pushing her away, knowing that if he hadn't done so she wouldn't want to go anymore.

Aeri said goodbye again before following her bandmate's retreating figures.

She jogged up to the space between Jaemin and Donghyuck— being greeted with warm smiles.

"Who was that?"

"My best friend,"