ch.20

chapter twenty  - switches

chapter twenty - switches.
0:35 ━❍──────── -3:18
↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺
VOLUME: ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇ 100%

unedited

"I'm sorry did I do something wrong?" Aeri questioned softly. She squinted her eyes at her boyfriend who could only stare back at her with a clouded look in his dark orbs.

He tsked, pinching firmly at his temples as he clenched his eyes shut. "Sorry, I— sorry," He grumbled through the ache at his head. Something pounded at his mind— it's searing sensation not once dulling. "My sister is asking too much of me right now, and of you,"

"What do you mean?" Aeri's interest peaked slightly, watching as he allowed his hand to fall to his lap, finally fluttering his eyelids open to meet her eye-line again.

The brunette hoped that it wasn't too big or surprising of a piece of information as she's already been on such a rollercoaster since she's arrived. It was dizzying, every word she spoke, she didn't know the outcomes of it.

"Do you know anything about Haneul? She recently came crying to Suyin, and it's been a year since they've last spoken," Renjun muttered, taking a light hold on his cup and bringing the straw to his lips.

Hearing his words, the woman's brows raised in slight shock. Although Haneul was one of the last things she ever wanted to think about, she knew that the girl and Renjun's sister were close in high school. She thought they'd be friends forever— let alone continue keeping in contact, even though Aeri thought one was ill-intentioned and the other was a decent person. She just couldn't fathom the idea of them not being best friends. It was like thinking about her and Donghyuck never reconnecting again.

It intrigued yet bewildered her why they had stopped their friendship or at the very least talking with one another. "Oh? Are they not friends anymore?"

Renjun shook his head as he gritted his teeth in a grimace. "No, and as you can figure, that's why she's been so on my back recently, since she doesn't have other friends, but do you know anything?"

Aeri took note of his odd behavior, but brushed it off as she began to process her answer in her mind. "Hmm, well she and Jisung broke up, but I wasn't really told why,"

"Oh, um well let's not talk about your ex and them anymore,"

"Thanks.."

. . .

Chenle glanced to his side in the van— spotting Jisung twitch in his seat. The older male's brows furrowed down in concern, watching as the Park continued to jerk himself around— barely being restricted by the tight seat belt fastened against his leather ridden body.

Sat in front of their row, Jaemin and Donghyuck turned their heads over, and shifted their eyes back and forth between the Zhong and unconscious Park.

The lack of surprise on their faces showed their experience in these situations, though they were still kept in the dark from these 'dreams' Jisung would frequently have.

"Is it that thingy again?" Donghyuck questioned— referring to it informally, still not having a label to describe it.

Chenle shrugged his shoulders, not daring to take his eyes off his best friend in case he had needed him at any moment.

Jaemin patted the boy's shoulder, having him glance at him momentarily, allowing the Na to give him a reassuring right-lipped smile. "Jisung's fine—"

Abruptly, Jisung's eyes shot open— his entire body jerking forward harshly causing his seatbelt to press firmly into the soft skin of his neck, leaving an evident dent. He gasped for air as if the entire team he was sleeping he had not inhaled once. And as he gulped down oxygen, it did seem as if so.

"You okay, bud?" Donghyuck asked seriously, his usual playful smile was nowhere to be seen. Instead his lips were pursed in a thin line, as his dark orbs drowned in worry.

Although the older had always insulted him and even threw snide comments in his directions for what he did to his best friend, he still cared for the boy like a protective brother. Donghyuck didn't like showing his emotions a lot, but if he did, his face would always be contorted in concern whenever Jisung finds himself delved deep into this 'unnamed thing'.

"Yeah, it's just," Jisung's voice faltered at his latter words, not having enough energy to finish his sentence. Chenle opted to doing it for him as he rubbed the blonde's back— to soothe the inner whirlwind that stormed in the male.

"that thing again?"

Jisung could only nod, swallowing down the lump in his throat as he wiped the perspiration that began to draw on his brow.

"Whenever you're ready, Sung," Jaemin grinned softly as if he showed a little too much enthusiasm the boy would break. At that moment the boys thought Jisung looked so vulnerable. They could practically hear the beating of his heart from the constant raise and fall of his chest, the heaviness of his breaths, and his panicked expression.

He looked helpless, but it only lasted a few moments before he brushed it off as if it was nothing. "It's not that i don't want to tell you, I am ready, but i just don't know what it is yet,"

"Just don't hold it in too long,"

"Alright mom,"

"Yah! Don't call me that, you bastard!" Jaemin released a loud yell, making everyone, including Jeno who drived upfront, jump in their seats.

. . .

ooo is that a little shadow i added