ch.15

dejavu.

now playing | party mood

↠ⁿᵉˣᵗ ˢᵒⁿᵍ ↺ ʳᵉᵖᵉᵃᵗ ⊜ ᵖᵃᵘˢᵉ

status: very unedited

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Sooyun muttered, arranging the numerous stacks of ready-to-use red cups in the middle of Aeri's kitchen island. Since 5 pm and til now, where the sun has officially gone down, Sooyun, Jae and Aeri have been running around for this last minute, impulse, party that Aeri announced on her socials.

It was a very spontaneous decision, and one that did not seem to be hers, but low and behold, it was. She didn't know how she came to this conclusion or whether or not she was thinking straight, but there was no coming back now. Nearly a thousand people saw her post, and she couldn't simply just delete it.

"I don't know, but it's one way to get my mind off things," Aeri shrugged, pulling out the numerous alcohol she had bought from her local liquor store, out of a bag. She lined them perfectly along her kitchen counter, the bottles varying in heights, percentages and flavors.

Jae scoffed eyeing out the line-up. "Get your mind off everything apparently, like look at the selection you bought. Are you planning to black out or what?" He walked towards the table, picking up a bottle of Titos before placing it back down.

"I just grabbed the whole store," The brunette laughed nonchalantly, causing the two blondes to laugh along.

"Yeah, I can tell," Sooyun rolled her eyes. Quickly the three fell into a comfortable silence as they worked together to prepare the Han Household for the party. While Aeri and Jae organized snack bowls and the plastic shot cups, Sooyun's heart began to beat faster as it became harder to keep her lips zipped. "I know you want to forget about them, but I was talking to Chenle, and he told me that Jisung and Donghyuck got into a fight,"

And she was right, Aeri didn't want to even think about the group. She shrugged nonchalantly, though on the inside her heart still ached imagining the argument. "They'll get over it, it's just a few words," She muttered.

"More like a few punches," Sooyun corrected, placing down the last stack of cups onto the island table. She turned to the other woman and stared at her as she froze in place.

Her nonchalant facade faded immediately upon hearing the opposite of what she had expected. "What?" Her head whipped in the blonde's direction, jaw dropped and brows strewn together in worry.

"I don't know, the conversation was pretty vague since Zhong had to hang up quickly, but apparently the two got into a fight a few days ago, maybe a couple hours after you left," Sooyun shrugged.

"At the very least, please tell me you didn't invite them to the party," Aeri begged, making her way to her best friend— holding her larger hands in her own in a pleading manner.

"It might've slipped, BUT okay hear me out! I didn't invite them, but they just know you're throwing this bitch budget coachella rager," Sooyun smiled awkwardly as she explained the circumstances, making the woman's face fall.

"Haha, very funny," The Han hissed before turning around quickly to fix up the other rooms of her home. She hoped that no one would break anything, despite her father knowing of the party whilst he was away, she still felt responsible to ensure that everything went smoothly.

It didn't help that she had to worry about them possibly showing up, and it had showed clearly on her face. The way her brows were furrowed down and her lips were jutted into a "thinking" pout, Jae and Sooyun knew she had began to spiral.

"Stop worrying, things will be under control. Tonight, you got us," Jae reassured Aeri, however Sooyun wasn't a bit impressed.

"Sure, you're nearly 30 and my girlfriend is gonna be here tonight," The other blonde deadpanned.

The male turned to her, a questioning gaze lingering on his younger friend. "And what does that have to do with anything?"

"You'll probably go to sleep by 8 pm and I'll most likely be distracted for the night,"

. . .

sorry for the short chapter! it's been over a week, and i wanted to get a chapter out, whether or not it was long.

i just started school again so, pls be patient :)