ch.8

chapter eight - jealousy rains

0:35 ━❍──────── -3:18
↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺
VOLUME: ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇ 100%

unedited

"She worked her way through a cheap pack of cigarettes,"  Jisung sang, pushing the mic stand down as he leaned into it.

Donghyuck and Aeri steadied themselves onto one another— back to back— as their fingers danced at the strings of their electrics guitars. Their faces were scrunched up distastefully— but everyone could recognize the passion that oozed off of them.

They were finally on stage, the day before the competition— rehearsing their bit.

"She's driving me!"

The two guitarists as well as Jaemin leant forward to their shared mic, singing abruptly with Jeno and Chenle. "Crazy!"

The artists and bands that had yet to rehearse on stage sat in the large auditorium's velvet seats. Their eyes had stayed glued onto Fever Dream, mesmerized by such unity and talent that radiated off of the group of six.

"It's Seoul baby, always jacked up!" A particular person had stared especially hard. His two toned hair stood out amongst his other band mates, drawing Aeri's eyes to him. They locked gazes almost immediately and continued to maintain eye contact throughout the performance.

"I'm having your baby, it's none of your business!"

The male's face grinned in amusement seeing her scream ever so happily. She jumped up in excitement with the other guitarists, cheeky smiles plastered to their faces.

They were on a high— adrenaline coursing through their veins and giving them a shock that they had been addicted to since the first time they picked up a guitar.

Finally after the large drop, the group had eased into the ending. Some of the audience clapped, others crossed their arms sassily and stuck their noses in the air, thinking they could do better.

"Thank you, you may exit the stage from the left. Please come at the same time tomorrow for the beginning stages of the competition and filming," The stage director's voice rang within the air through a speaker. Promptly, the six members followed his directions and left to the ground floor, where they were patted on the back and given encouraging support by some randoms.

"Aeri!" The two toned haired boy jogged up to the group— welcomed by some of the members though one had a particular scowl on his face.

"Renjun!" She cried gleefully. She rushed towards him, jumping onto the male as she wrapped him in a tight friendly hug.

"I didn't know you picked up the guitar again, let alone a mic," He gushed, pulling back momentarily to see the same gleam in her eyes he had admired when they were friends.

"Yeah! Didn't we sound great?"

"You did so good, you look really good! Honestly, do you need a dog? I can bark—" He rambled.

Aeri slapped his chest playfully, her laughter ringing through the air. "Shut up, Ren,"

"Hey how about i take you to our spot, just like old times?" Renjun offered, a wide grin on his face. The girl stared up into his eyes, catching something bright flash in them and instantly she nodded her head yes.

"Of course, but this time, nothing after—"

"C'mon Han, you can't be spilling our secrets," The boy teased, nudging her shoulder with his— winking teasingly.

At the mention of the past, Aeri rolled her eyes, but she continued to laugh at his antics. "It's been a year," She chimed.

"Alright, I'll drop it, but wait up, yeah? I'll take you on my motorcycle,"

"The Rose, your rehearsal starts in 5 minutes,"

Quickly, Aeri nodded as Renjun gave her a side hug, briefly saying goodbye to his old friends, then leaving to the stage with his new band mates.

"You're blushing. Gross," Jisung quipped, rolling his eyes in disgust, as he judgingly raked his eyes up and down her figure.

In a mocking voice, she distorted her tone and repeated his statement. "You're blushing. Gross,"

Ticked off, the blonde couldn't help but scoff and fire back once more. "Immature,"

"Cheater," Aeri hissed sassily.

"He's bad for you," He countered, raising a brow to challenge her. And as if they had the same goal in mind, she continued to argue back, hoping to get a nerve.

"And what? I like bad, now quit talking to me before people think we're actual friends,"

. . .

sorry for the short chapter also

pls vote on who'd you prefer to be the second lead

renri (renjun and aeri)

aehyuck (donghyuck and aeri)

aejae (jaemin and aeri)