ch. 44

chapter forty-four - we are good people

season finale.
0:35 ━❍──────── -3:18
↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺
VOLUME: ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇ 100%

italicized = flashback

unedited

trigger warning; mature topics discussed ahead, not for the faint hearted (sa/sh;obsession;alcohol abuse; ptsd; trauma)

flashback

"What do you want?" Aeri growled, ripping away her hand once they were alone in the empty kitchen. Renjun tsked, glaring down at her. He didn't speak, and took his time eyeing her up and down.

Naturally, the woman folded her arms over her chest, raising one of her brows in suspicion.

"If you're not gonna say anything, i'm gonna leave—" She began walking past him, but once more, his hand grabbed ahold of her wrist, drawing her back to the place in front of him.

"Aeri listen to me carefully," He pulled her closer— their eyes locked instantly. Aeri searched for any hidden truth in his dark orbs, however much to her dismay, he wasn't giving anything away.

I guess he is naturally a good liar, she thought.

"What?" She spat, thrashing against his hold, but it only caused him to tighten his hold to the point she began to whimper.

"Whatever you do, Don't talk to Shin Mina," He roughly let her wrist go, throwing it back to her chest, causing the brunette to stumble back. "Don't listen to her. Don't trust her. Don't even let her speak to you,"  He chanted like a spell.

Aeri scoffed, dusting herself off as she recomposed herself. "I'll do whatever the fuck I want," She hissed, rubbing the red imprinted skin of her wrist— hoping to ease the pain. "I'm leaving,"

She marched past him, bumping her shoulder with his as she neared the door. Though Renjun wouldn't give up so easily. He spun on his heels and shamelessly he smacked his palm on her shoulder and dug his fingers into the fabric of her shirt. With great strength, he drew her back once more— their faces only an inch away from touching.

"Stop being stupid for once and listen to me," He growled lowly, squeezing harshly onto her shoulder before Aeri could only take so much and roughly shrugged his hand off her.

"I stopped being stupid once I stopped loving you. Now get out of my face and go ruin someone else's life. You've already done so much damage," She ranted whilst her eyes narrowed into slits. She hoped he could feel her glare burn his skin, it's the least amount of pain he could feel compared to the emotional rollercoaster he's put her through.