ch.17

dejavu.

now playing | no promises

↠ⁿᵉˣᵗ ˢᵒⁿᵍ ↺ ʳᵉᵖᵉᵃᵗ ⊜ ᵖᵃᵘˢᵉ

status: very unedited

"Come on, Han," Jisung huffed, leaning most of his weight against her backyard's railings— his half empty water bottle stood next to his feet.

Aeri glanced at him warily, happy that she placed a good distance between them as she leant against the wooden bar as well.

It was a few moments after the whole incident, and luckily the situation and the surrounding feelings had died down, at least in the Park.

The pair had snuck off to the back patio, where luckily little to no one occupied, leaving the two in a space with only them. It was better this way, Aeri thought, she couldn't handle the judge-y stares of others at the same moment, she hated herself. Breathing in what felt like regret of not drinking until she couldn't walk, and caring about the man beside her— she closed her eyes. She allowed herself to only feel the chilly breeze of her neighborhood brush past her face— reddening her pale cheeks.

"You know we need you," He interrupted her moment of peace— and just like that, a whole conflict of emotions had washed over her like a tsunami. She hoped she could have delayed the conversation even a bit longer, however, reality was cruel, and time was crueler.

"And why couldn't you have said it, that same day?" She grumbled bitterly, her left foot bouncing up and down in anxiety. With her eyes still hidden behind the dark pink blankets of her lids, she could imagine the very woman that stopped him from chasing after her physically, let alone romantically.

"Because," He shook his head in exhaustion— hoping to lose the large amount of drowsiness that began to hang to his purpled eye lids. "Because you deserved the space, especially after all the dumb shit I said,"

Bullshit. She thought. At least it's better than saying Minshit stopped you and you listened like a dog.

In a flurry of rage, she fluttered her eyes open and snapped her head in his direction. Her orbs shook with irritation and it rattled under her skin to her bones— the simple self-provoking thought had riled her up more than she had expected. "Wow, finally something smart came out of that foul mouth of yours," She quipped, giving him a hell of a glare than averting her look forward.

Jisung sharply inhaled a shaky breath, his heart thumping harshly against his ribcage. "Aeri," He pleaded— eyes locked on her stubborn side profile.

"What?" She hissed— refusing to meet his chocolate orbs.

"I'm really trying here," He stated, watching as she crossed her arms over her chest.