ch.20

dejavu.

now playing | red and blue

↠ⁿᵉˣᵗ ˢᵒⁿᵍ ↺ ʳᵉᵖᵉᵃᵗ ⊜ ᵖᵃᵘˢᵉ

(might rewrite)
status: very unedited

Aeri stood on the porch of her home, her dull facial expression illuminated by the flashing blue and red lights that settled upon the now vacant front lawn.

All the party goers have left, and now with her, was only the people she had befriended once more an hour ago.

In that moment, everything seemed to be moving except her. The sirens that broke the quietness of her neighborhood was much more overwhelming than the previous songs that blasted all throughout her house. The officers that exited their cars and began to advance towards her, seemed to move in a blur. And the blue and red lights, they were so blinding.

She swore they added a new type of pressure to her heart.

As a little girl, she'd always admire the sirens and the infamous flashing lights atop various cars. Her father used to tell her someone was being saved every time they drove past with such speed that was only ever exposed to little Aeri in shows and movies.

And that simple statement always made her happy.

However this time, she felt nothing. It was the same, a life was saved, just not the one she had hoped.

The brunette hugged herself tighter, underneath the layer of Jisung's leather jacket that he had draped over her shoulders to protect her from the chilly breeze, and waited impatiently for the older men to make it to her front stairs to deliver whatever crap they were told to feed to her.

The said boy stood behind her, the distance nearly nonexistent, as a way to non-verbally say, I'm here for you.

And he was, both physically and emotionally. It was bizarre, but comforting to Aeri nevertheless, just not enough for her.

She'd need the entire world's comforts and hugs to face the reality she chose to ignore since the hour she picked up the phone.

How could she get the world's embrace and their encouraging words, if her world was gone?

"Miss Han—" She interrupted the officer with a firm shake of her head.

"Aeri, please call me Aeri, Miss Han was my mother,"

"Yes of course, Aeri, we need to identify the... but with the ID, it's uncanny.. as soon as possible.. we're truly sorry..." Their voices, it faded in and out of her ears, as if her mind was telling her to stop listening, but it couldn't help but to tune in and feed into the officer's words.