ch.23

chapter twenty-three  - i still hate you

0:35 ━❍──────── -3:18
↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺
VOLUME: ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇ 100%

"I'm gonna go step out for a second," Aeri mumbled, informing the men of her next moves as she pushed herself to her feet and headed towards her home's backyard. The brunette slid open the clear sliding patio doors, and stepped out onto the wooden deck.

The group of boys followed her body as they saw her leant her elbows onto the wood railings.

Jaemin sighed harshly, shaking his head— a feeling of regret bubbling at his stomach from his previous outburst. "I should go talk to her," He was about to stand, but Donghyuck was quick to push him back down onto his cushion.

The tanned shook his head in disagreement. "I think you should talk to her after both of you cool down, someone else should go,"

"I'll do it. I'm her fake boyfriend, and I might as well talk to her about the date," Jisung announced, standing up in a calm manner, however on the inside he could feel himself already doubt his decision from the possibility of causing an argument. But as the others nodded, he felt reassured that he could keep it civil for the time being at least.

"Just don't argue with her," Jeno reminded, saying the thoughts of him and the others aloud.

Jisung pursed his lips as a gesture that he understood. "Yeah I know," The tall lengthy male strode around the numerous boys and passed the small table. He headed towards the glass doors and slid past them, closing it after to keep their upcoming conversation short.

Hearing footsteps gradually become louder, Awri glanced over her shoulders and heaved out a sigh. She could only glance at him briefly before turning her sight back to the dark sky.

The brunette ignored the male, her eyes tracing lines and images across the numerous stars that freckled the nightly dark blanket. As she peered up at the trillions of little specks, she was reminded of that one sunset she recently watched.

It's been a few weeks since, but how could things be so rocky?

Wasn't it supposed to be their honeymoon phase?

In such a short time she's grown attached to a man that barely talks to her about anything other than the competition and how his sister has been irritating him.

Aeri sighed deeply again. Maybe I should hang out with her once to take some stress off of Renjun's shoulders, she thought. She would love to hang out with Suyin, but she didn't know if the other would be too keen or excited on the idea.