ch.42

chapter forty-two - glossy eyes and sick exes

0:35 ━❍──────── -3:18
↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺
VOLUME: ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇ 100%

unedited

After the pair had walked back in— one linked to the other's hip with red eyes— as the leader, Jisung ended their rehearsal and sent everyone home.  It was best to leave what could possibly affect everything, alone for now, the Park thought. It resulted in the group cutting their own band meeting short.

Mark, however disliked the early end and it resulted in the group having to wake at sunrise to speak about their upcoming plans.

Eyes barely squinted open and mugs of coffee wrapped dangerously tight in their fingers, Fever Dream sat huddled in a large circular booth in a dimly lit corner of a breakfast diner.

It was only 7 am and still, they felt exhaustion weighing heavily on their backs like concrete bricks.

Donghyuck— being the most anti- early morning person they knew— grumbled lowly under his breath. "We say he's good one time at planning our events and then he becomes our manager and tortures us on early sunday mornings," He hissed, shooting the eldest at the table a serious glare.

Mark, the male at the receiving end, rolled his eyes. It was the same line every time. And after a while the words stopped stinging. He threw a sugar packet at the younger's face before turning his attention to the others. "We need to talk about our next mission,"

"What is it?" Previously not having been present at the production meeting, Jisung scanned the table for any answer.

The Lee's voice filtered through their ears again as he explained it clearly for both the Park and others whose brains weren't fully functioning just yet. "They expect us to host our own fan event, and since we got top three in the last round, we secured one of the larger budgets. The thing is though, all the bands have to host our individual fan events on the same day, at the same time. The group with the most visitors will win something,"

This time Aeri spoke up. "What should we do?" Her voice cracked in the midst of her question but politely the others ignored it and listened intently.

"Maybe a park event?" Chenle suggested, peering over the large laminated menu before ducking back down to the pancakes section.

As some nodded, Jeno, however, was quick to shut down the idea. He tousled his dark locks with his free hand as he lowered his coffee mug's rim for him to speak. "Too much space, there would be too much people and drowning in a crowd of prepubescent girls isn't really my thing,"