ch.31

chapter thirty-one - note nostalgia

0:35 ━❍──────── -3:18
↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺
VOLUME: ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇ 100%

unedited

"Y'know, Nora*, I never really took you as the type to date their exes again," Jaehyung laughed, wiping down the cashier counter. He looked up from his rag to the girl stood in front, her expression deadpan, and her arms crossed.

(Aeri's english name**)

She wasn't a huge fan of the topic of conversation.

"Why does all my close friends and family really believe I'm dating that asshole?" She muttered, walking forward, her light wash jeans hugging her wide hips. She leant forward onto the table, watching as her older friend cleaned his store.

"I don't know, because you kiss on that competition every five seconds?" He replied sarcastically— a specific bite present in his tone.

"Haha, very funny, it's only been two," Aeri corrected in a matter of fact-ly tone, but her satisfied grin fell into a frown at the male's next words.

"So you've been counting?"

"Jae!" He knew exactly what button to push, and he did quite often. The brunette's head fell, her chin reaching her chest as she let out a deep sigh.

"What? Is he good now?" Jae continued to interrogate the girl, nonchalantly dusting a few vinyls on display. He continued to maneuver his way around the store, all while question her.

Aeri lifted her head and followed his movements, eyes glued to him. "I don't know. I mean he's different?"

"Well different is not necessarily bad—" The older tried, but she only interjected wittily.

"Nor good either,"

Jae shook his head, grunting lowly as he turned to face her. His eyes dipped down to her level and pooled into her orbs, tracing them for any sign of dishonesty of his next question. "Well at least it's just fake. You both understand that right? No feelings?"

Aeri was first to break the stare. She rolled her eyes and turned away, staring off into the vacant parking lot. "Yes, mom, no feelings," She muttered, causing the boy to huff out in minimal annoyance.

She knew what he was doing, but sometimes she wished he knew she could take care of herself.

"I just don't want you to get heartbroken again. I made your brother a promise to protect you, and if it means that i need to break a man named Park Jisung's neck, I will," The male held his fists up and did a breaking motion, as if snapping a pencil in half. A crazed smile was on his face, he looked insane, standing in the middle of the children's songs cd aisle— looking as if he was gonna kill a man.