ch.16

dejavu.

now playing | jaw breaker

↠ⁿᵉˣᵗ ˢᵒⁿᵍ ↺ ʳᵉᵖᵉᵃᵗ ⊜ ᵖᵃᵘˢᵉ

status: very unedited
tw: offensive-ish humor, non consensual touching, mild violence

"This is not a good idea," Jeno grumbled as he stood amongst the rest of his band members— some obviously anxious, and others, quietly shoving their feelings down their throats as if it was a gruesome bile.

The crisp midnight breeze rippled through them, tickling under their untucked shirts and passing teasingly across their already pink facial features.

Truth be told, the wind wasn't the only thing that made them shiver. It was what awaited them once they stepped foot inside the two story home they stood impatiently in front of.

They scanned the crowded front lawn of party goers— trash thrown miscellaneously, and they looked past to the dimly lit inside, where they noticed shadows move their limbs in large movements, either dancing crazily to the loud music blasting from a speaker another guest had brought, or throwing their arms up as they bottom down a line of shots.

The boys couldn't recognize a single face, however Jisung caught a quick glimpse of a brunette rushing past her living room window— possibly going to check on something in another room.

"She doesn't want to see us," Donghyuck reminded them, remembering the very clear demands of the woman they wish they could call their friend— however the label was left in the air ever since the argument.

It's been a long, yet short week. Every day felt as if it dragged on horribly slow, yet again, today came as fast as they hoped it wouldn't.

Ever since Sooyun accidentally slipped the information of the spontaneous party, the boys couldn't stop thinking about tonight.

They wanted her back, and surprisingly, Jisung admitted it as well.

It was a shocker to all of them. By the way he spat words of spite in her direction, and invalidated her journey of getting where she is today and the impact she's had on the group, they thought he'd never even bat her an eye. But one night, a few hours after the whole ordeal, they saw him as desperate as any one of them. His voice was strained, and his face looked as hopeless as it did in the split seconds of realization after the woman yelled that she quit. And with every ounce of pride gulped down to his stomach, and his tail tucked between his legs, he said, "We need her back,"

Donghyuck remembered scoffing immediately after.

He couldn't hold in his annoyance and anger. Though the lee was just as guilty as the rest, he knew Jisung held the most power of the woman, and that it was his words she would hang onto until the end.