ch.30

chapter thirty  - alcoholic confessions

0:35 ━❍──────── -3:18
↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺
VOLUME: ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇ 100%

unedited

"You're so lucky I didn't throw this away," Jeno turned on the portable grill Donghyuck had gave them for their house warming gift. They planned to barbecue meat for dinner.

The latter rolled his eyes, stuffing a lettuce wrap into the boy's mouth. "You love it. Shut up,"

"It's literally a barbecue hot box every time we cook with it," Jaemin grumbled, emerging from behind them, just arriving from another kitchen run to grab more kimchee.

Aeri clapped her hands then lifted them up like a child begging for its toy. "Pass it here first! Donghyuck's just gonna inhale all of it again!"

The tanned's head snapped in her direction. His brows were knitted together in annoyance. "I'll inhale kimchee if I want to—"

Cutting off his sentence, the sound of heavy approaching footsteps layered over his voice— immediately silencing him. The group of friends turned on their bottoms, glancing towards the doorframe of the living room, spotting an exhausted Jisung.

"You're back!" Chenle cheered, jumping up from his seat and pulling the boy towards the small crowded table. Aeri scooted over, allowing the Park to sit between her and Donghyuck.

"About time. What did you do? Go smoke or something?" The male at his side asked, nudging his shoulder teasingly, but Jisung only shook his head.

"Just walked around,"

Sensing his unwillingness to speak about it, Aeri changed the subject. She grabbed a nearby soju by the bottles neck and began to shake it, then screwing the cap off with both hands in one quick motion. It was something her dad had recently taught her, and she knew from that day she'd put the skill to good use. She brought the green bottle over to the shot glass in front of Jisung. "Well now that you're here, we can make a toast,"

She dipped the neck lower to spill the liquid, but before she could allow even a single drop fall, the blonde immediately tipped the bottle upright. "I don't drink,"

"Since when?" Aeri gasped in disbelief. Her eyes were as large as the plates they used. Never had she imagined the boy in front of her to say such words. "You were always first to shotgun beers, and do kegs," She stared at him weirdly, eyes squinted in suspicion.

"He stopped nearly a year ago," Jaemin took the soju from her hands and began to pour Mark a drink. The older nodded in thanks, turning to the pair to add in on the conversation.