ch.23

dejavu.

now playing | syrup and sweet talk

↠ⁿᵉˣᵗ ˢᵒⁿᵍ ↺ ʳᵉᵖᵉᵃᵗ ⊜ ᵖᵃᵘˢᵉ

status: very unedited

"Good morning," Aeri walked past the local cafe's door, and rushed past the numerous tables to one, where a familiar raven haired male sat, his head lowered. Quickly, she slid into the booth, his eyes snapping up to her sudden presence. And in a heartbeat, her mouth had gone dry and it's corners fell with her jaw. "God, Jisung, you look like shit," She muttered, nearly afraid at how much his usually chubby cheeks that naturally puffed out, had slimmed and his eyes had sagged with his— what she assumed to be— lack of sleep.

He rolled his eyes, but the grin on his lips attractively contrasted with his overwhelming features. "Good morning to you too sunshine," However, his smile and cheeky greeting hadn't settled the uneasy feeling in the woman's stomach.

"You look like you went through a tornado and back," Aeri deadpanned, it was her turn to worry. She's had her long period of mourning, and though she was still getting in the groove of normality, she was still capable of worrying for someone rather than herself.

He's done enough for her, and even went as far as going beyond the expectations of a friend. Even in the span of a few weeks, he's earned a lot of the respect she had once lost for him.

It wasn't that she entirely trusted him again, there were still doubts in the back of her mind of him walking out of her life at any moment, but she had become comfortable with the thought of him staying.

"Feel like it too, but it's really nothing to worry about," He shrugged, handing her the menu that had gone untouched since she sat down. "Now, go and look for the menu," He watched as she snatched it from his hold, and thinking she was finally going to drop the topic, he glanced back to his own pamphlet.

Jisung had obviously forgot who he had been dealing, as the next thing he knew, his ear began to fill with her classic scolding.

"Jisung, you're such a bad liar," She seethed, placing back down the menu, and folding her arms across her chest. She glared at his nonchalant figure, trying his best remain calm as the woman continued to ramble. "And how can you tell me not to worry when every time we meet up you look horrible, your hands are way more injured than just strumming a little harder on your strings and not using a pick, your eyes look as red as this shirt i'm wearing,"

"What is it with you?" She pushed, wanting at least anything revealing to why he has been in such a state.  "Is it Minji—"

"We haven't talked since last week, and if you must know, we're planning to speak again tomorrow," He interrupted, glancing up at her once then returning his gaze to the breakfast menu.