ch.13

chapter thirteen  - my boy

chapter thirteen - my boy.
0:35 ━❍──────── -3:18
↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺
VOLUME: ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇ 100%

unedited

"Okay, Aeri you can stop stalling and show us your talent. We've already got the chords, notes and beat down, it's all you now," Donghyuck gently pushed her away from him, ushering her towards the lead mic stand, which she had grasped onto in fear of falling.

"I'm not stalling," She tried to defend herself, but as she glanced around at her members, this time jisung wasn't the only one who deadpanned.

Mark, who stood in front of them— eyes glued to his phone as he texted back and forth with the competition media team— had finally looked up and took a sharp glance at the clock. "It's been an hour of you touching their instruments, while they had gotten the hang of it 50 minutes ago,"

"Gee, thanks for throwing me under the bus, Mark," Aeri threw her hands up in defeat, feeling betrayed by her manager.

"I'm just saying," He mumbled sheepishly before exiting the basement to take a call. "I'll be back, but I hope you guys can begin rehearsing the song now,"

"Come on, Aeri," Jaemin tried to encourage her, "It's not like the song is personal,"

At his sentence, she froze to her feet. Her heart had immediately dropped to her stomach, and she hoped the male would stop talking, but alas, he didn't.

Noticing her stiff posture, the Na tried to reassure her, but yet again his efforts fell short. "I mean, at least it's not written about one of us,"

Aeri froze up again, making Donghyuck physically cringe and sigh. "Jaemin, you can stop embarrassing the girl,"

The pink haired male huffed out a large breath of air, feeling as if he was finally defeated. "Great, I'll just shut up," He replied sarcastically, earning a glare from the tanned and a few snickers from the keyboardist and drummer.

"Let's just get this over with," Aeri grumbled, quickly shushing the boys as they regained focus on the instruments they held at their calloused finger tips.

With Jeno's beginning beat, the brunette closed her eyes shut as her grip on the microphone stand tightened. Her entire being shook with nerves, never had she sang in front of a group that consisted more than 2 people, or at least when she sang back up, no one noticed her. [refer to video above]

Aeri wasn't one for attention if it was because of her voice. When she sang she didn't feel like she was in her element, it was almost as if she was crossing a line, entering another person's territory. After all, she was always a guitarist, wouldn't be anything more than just a back up.

And even when she wrote songs that had her vocals in mind, it was never for performance use, but rather to get her emotions on a paper.

Music was the only thing she had to escape her troubles, and she thought it was problematic if she began to sing about them.

But here she stood, in front of old friends and her ex boyfriend, who held every ounce of her at some point, listening to the words that spilled her tongue— effortlessly in a beautiful breath-like, head voice*.

* head voice : gentle and light approach to singing (please correct me)

"My boys being sus, he was shady enough," Aeri tried to hold back and she stood stiffly with the mic in her hand— the boy's confusedly staring at her odd behavior. Unknown to them, it felt as if she had to force herself to enjoy singing. She felt as if she was on enemy territory. "But now he's just a shadow,"

"My boy loves his friends, like i love my split ends, and by that I mean," Almost as if a switch was triggered, her entire being had switched. She felt loose and carefree, as she slipped the mic out from the stand, and moved her body slightly sensually to the song. "He cuts em off,"

"My boy, My boy, My boy," She pressed the mic closer to her red, full lips. Aeri weaved her free hand through her hair, twirling the brunette locks between her slender fingers.

"Don't love me like he promised," She boldly looked back and behind her shoulder, making eye contact with the person who had replaced position as lead guitarist.

Just as she wanted, his eyes followed her every move, not once tearing them off to look down at his frets.

Swiftly she averted her gaze back to the front. "My boy, my boy, my boy," Her eyes traced over the picture collage that filled the front wall, searching for a specific picture.

Just as she found it she sang.

"He ain't a man, and sure as hell ain't honest,"

. . .

short chapter, but a double update to make up for it ??

^^ i just felt the need to write the song out and i just finished my first exam so yay !!