ch.25

dejavu.

now playing | the oh

↠ⁿᵉˣᵗ ˢᵒⁿᵍ ↺ ʳᵉᵖᵉᵃᵗ ⊜ ᵖᵃᵘˢᵉ

status: very unedited

"How can I not?" His deep voice was breathless, laced with exasperation and a mixture of heart racing emotions that made his fingers curl tighter around the device he pressed to his ear. He watched as his answer reeled no bodily reaction from Aeri. He watched intently as she began to cross the road, and thankfully his beating heart that felt like jumping out of his chest steadied, knowing no cars were hurdling at her.

But some type of vile curdled in his stomach.

He wasn't sure if he loved the idea of her walking towards the cafe, but nonetheless, he found himself rushing out an apology to Minji and saying how he needed to take this call privately. And before she could ask about what was happening, he had already raced outside of the cafe, and to the very side alley way where a platform stood over a dry area, the place Aeri had conveniently found shelter in.

Quickly, their thumbs went to their screens, and the call was ended as they stood a mere few feet away from one another.

Aeri stood shakily under the hang over, her left arm limply falling to her side with her phone. Never would she have imagined doing something as daring as this. Sure she had taunted the man, cussed in his face and confronted him, but this time, she felt all air cease existence in her lungs once her eyes fell on his just as exasperated figure.

She watched as his black dress shirt was dampened by the rain that caught him through his run, how his dark locks were glued to his forehead, and his lips parted with heavy pants— because though his legs hadn't carried him far, his mind still ran marathons over the simple thought of Han Aeri.

If her mind hadn't been such a mess and flurry of thoughts and emotions, she would've thought he looked absolutely attractive in this manner. The dim flickering of the alley way light had done such a horrible job at illuminating the tip of his nose, the plump curve of his lips, and the uncertainty in his brown eyes, but Jisung somehow always looked so good to her.

Despite everything and anything, she'd only look at him.

And moments like these, the male wished she didn't.

"Aeri, please—" He whispered through the harsh pattering of the pouring rain. He stepped closer, unsure of what she had planned to say to him when he was in closer proximity, but the thoughts couldn't linger much longer as her lips stole his all.

His attention was quickly diminished in seconds, and it only remained on the only person who he knew perfectly molded with him.