8. Helper

ISHA KAUR

ISHA KAUR

It's been a week since I last saw or spoke to Rajveer Ji, which means it's been a week since I've been engaged to him.

I was just checking files in my office.

This is my last day to work for 2 months. Yes, it's due to my wedding.

"Yes, Priya?" I answered the phone.

"Bhabi... 'stop moving bhai'" again with the bhabi.
"Bhabi, we're...well Rohit bhai is driving Rajveer bhai to the hospital"

WHAT?!

"What happened to him?" Tears started building up in my eyes. I might not be attracted to him, but I do care.

"He burned himself really badly" she sighed.

"How?" I gritted my teeth.

"He was trying to learn how to cook" she exclaimed. I can literally imagine her throwing her hands in the air, just like Roop would.

"Ok. I'll see you at the hospital" I hung up.

Oh, Mr. Rajveer Singh Ji, you're so dead!

20 minutes later, Simi barged into my cabin.

"Jiju is here. And he's badly injured" she said. I quickly got off my seat and ran out of the door.

I went to the room the receptionist told me he's in.

I looked from outside and saw the nurse trying to put ointment on his hand. Of course, he was being difficult.

I need to teach him a lesson.

I barged in and he looked up.

I just stood in a corner with my arms folded across my chest.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" Rajveer Ji winced at the nurse who flinched at his tone.

I got off the wall and went over and took his hand from the nurse.

Thank god it was a guy. Not that I'm jealous.

I started applying the ointment to his hand and I could feel his intense gaze. I ignored it and started putting on the bandage.

I quickly finished and got up.

I turned to Priya and Rohit who were just standing there, on their phones. By the positioning, I could tell they were taking pictures.