9. Leaving Home

ISHA KAUR

ISHA KAUR

We're going to be leaving for the hotel tomorrow. That means, today is June 10.

It's been a week since Rajveer ji burned his hand. So it's been a week since I've been off.

I'm almost done packing my stuff.

I can't believe it. The next time I'll be coming here is for pag phere after I'm married.

Oh smokes, I'm getting married. That to a super handsome guy. That handsome billionaire.

I put my last piece of clothing in the suitcase.

I looked around the room I've known since I was 7 and took a deep breath.

I reached out for my album and sat on my bed going through it.

Unknown tears were flowing down my face.

I slowly went through the album, caressing every stupid photo.

"All set?" Mumma asked as she entered my room. I quickly wiped my tears and nodded.

She sat down next to me on the bed. "That's it. I'm canceling this wedding" she started crying.

I started crying harder and placed my forehead on hers.

After a 30 minutes crying session we stopped.

"Ok. It's already 10. You need to sleep. We are leaving the house at 10 am" Mumma kissed me goodnight and went to her room.

I put the album on my desk and tucked myself into bed.

The next morning I woke up around 6 am. I purposely put my alarm for 6 so I could see my entire house for the last time.

I know my house isn't huge or in fact big, but I was planning to sit in one room for a bit.

I quickly went to my bathroom and took a shower.

The first stop was Arsh's room. We used to have sleepovers here. They were amazing. Not as fun as my room but amazing.

Arsh was sleeping on his stomach. I sat down next to him and started caressing his hair.

He was always a di's brother. We were the closest other than me and Simar and Manan.

He was like a son. He still is.

Next, I went to Simar's room.

He, like a normal person, was sleeping on his side.

I didn't sit on his bed knowing he is a light sleeper, unlike Arsh.

Instead, I sat on the bean bag chair by his bed.

I might sound like a stalker, but we've all done it to our siblings.

After Simar's room, I went to Mumma and papa's room.