60. "Please...for me"

ISHPREET RAJVEER SINGH

RAJVEER IS OK! I STILL HAVE HIM.

I ran inside his hospital room and saw him attached to so many different machines.

"Why did you do it?" I asked. I sat down on the chair next to the bed and took Raj's hand in mine.

"If you don't wake up, I swear I won't talk to you" I whimpered.

Hours past but Raj wouldn't wake up.

"Don't lose hope beta. Waheguru won't let anything happened to Rajveer" Nani kissed my forehead.

"What did you feel when nanu was in the hospital?" I asked.

Nani sighed before speaking.
"It was very difficult, but I knew that Waheguru ji listens to the prayers of young children first. You and the other kids used to pray for your nanu. Your Mumma and papa didn't give up hope. Noone of us did. When your Mumma didn't tell me what was happening, I found out. Waheguru ji eventually listened and saved your nanu"

Flashback

"I need to leave" I heard Mumma yell. I jumped out of bed and checked the time on my phone.

6:47 am.

I ran out of my bedroom and saw Mumma grabbing her keys and dashing towards the door.

"Mumma wait" I shouted. Mumma turned around and I was able to see her tear-stained face.

"What happened? Is nanu ok?" I whimpered. Nanu had been in the hospital for over a month now.

"I don't know. Take care of your brothers for me. Keep praying for nanu" she said before running out of the house.

"Di, what happened?" Arsh snuck up behind me and asked.

"No school today. Nanu is dying. We don't know what will happen" I shakily said before going to my room.

I cried my eyes out. There was a pool of tears next to me on the floor.

Flashback Over

That was a horrible day. But not as horrible as this. This was planned. That was just an accident.

"Raj, I need you" I shakily said. "Please wake up...for me. Please...for me"

An alarming sound made me jump. A nurse and the doctor ran into the room.

"Dr. Kaur we need you to leave," the nurse said to me.

"I'm not leaving my husband alone" I firmly said, trying not to cry.

Papa came in and took me out.

"Papa I need to be with him" I shouted.

"Isha let them do their job" he tried calming me down. "Just stay calm"

"How can I stay calm? My husband is plugged into so many machines and you expect me to stay calm! I don't know if he'll even wake up or not!" I sobbed.

"Isha your nani, Aditya, and I went through the same. I almost lost my wife. your nani almost lost her husband. Aditya almost lost the love of his life" he sat down next to me.

"Di, please don't worry. You'll get sick. Jiju will be fine" Reet hugged me. I pulled away and wiped my tears.

The doctor and nurse stepped out with smiles on their faces.

"Is he OK, doctor?" Mamu asked.

"Dr. Kaur should see for herself" the doctor smiled at me.

I Raj into the room and saw Raj still passed out.

"Raj...please wake up for me" I grabbed his hand.

"Why has my baby been crying?" I heard his voice. I looked down and saw him smiling. His eyes are open.

"You're awake," I said, shocked.

"Your love saved me" he chuckled.

"You're awake" I hugged him.

"How big of an idiot are you?! Who the hell told you to risk your life?! You could have died!" I screamed at him.

"Di, let him breathe" I heard Manan laugh.

I turned around and saw the entire family laughing.

"I have the right to scream at him. Who told him to do something so stupid?!" I scolded.

"He's OK na. So chill yar" Simar made a very annoying face.

"I hate you," Priya said to Raj.

"Why?" Raj chuckled.

"You took such a big risk. Don't you want to see your kids or mine?" She pouted.

"Of course I do. I knew that nothing would happen to me" he chuckled.

"Yeah sure. You said if anything happens to you to take care of the family" Rohit scoffed.

Raj glared at him.

"Wait...Rohit, you knew?" I asked.

"Yea. So did Arsh" he nervously chuckled. Arsh glared at him.

"To be honest, the 4 of us knew" Roop glared at the boys.

"You what?!" I shouted.

How dare they not tell me?!

"Bhabz, I promised bhai I wouldn't tell you" Rohit sadly said.

Tears again blurred my vision.

"Everyone leave" Raj's voice boomed. Everyone scrambled to leave the room.

"I hate you" I muttered.

"Baby, he threatened my family. He threatened you. When it comes to you I can even die and not care" he pulled me closer to him.

"Do you always have to say something about death?" I glared at him.

"Don't worry, I won't leave you, ever" he said, incredibly close to my lips.

"Promise?" I whimpered.

"Promise" he huskily said before claiming my lips in a kiss full of love.