68. Oh Babies

ISHPREET RAJVEER SINGH

I'm 9 months in and my delivery is in 1 week. Today Simi and Nidhi made everyone come over so we could decide the names of the twins.

Raj and I decided to keep the genders a secret. We didn't mind if we had a boy and girl or boy and boy or girl and girl, just wanted them to be healthy. Even though Raj wanted both girls.

"So first we will do boy names" Nidhi announced and we all nodded.

"Jaskaran Singh" Karan announced.

"NO! It's a mix of your and papa's names. I don't like it" I exclaimed.

"Rehdan Singh" Priya suggested. 

"I like it" I clapped. 

"Jaskaran was better" Karan grumbled.

"Now what about a girl's name?" Raj asked.

"Innaya Kaur" Reet and Avni exclaimed at the same time.

"I like that bit think a bit more" Raj replied.

"Rashi Kaur" Roop shouted.

"I like that. So if it's a boy then the name is Redhan and if it's a girl her name will be Rashi" Raj announced. I got excited and did a happy dance.

I felt water rushing down my legs and I had sudden pain. Oh shit... my water broke.

"Raj my water broke" I screamed. Everyone looked up at me and Raj panicked. Simi, Mahi bhabz, and Anju bhabz were the only calm ones.

"How... no... the nursery isn't even complete... it's a week too soon" he could go on but Simi stopped him off.

"Rajveer shut up and let's go" She screamed at him.

"Isha grab my neck" I gripped Raj's neck screaming and he helped me walkout.

❤❤❤

4 hours later, I was still on the hospital bed in pain.

"Isha you're fully dilated. Start pushing for me" Simi was going all doctor mode. 

"Ahhhhh" I tried pushing. By the time we would be done Raj's hand would be bruised. I can promise that.

"You got it Isha. Keep pushing baby" Raj was trying to help.

"You... You put this kid in. Only if you hadn't spilled our seeds in me. I hate... you" I lashed out.

"It's ok, keep going. I know my baby" he caressed my hair. 

"AHH"

"Keep going Isha... I can see the head" Simi said. I pushed more and then I heard cries.

"Welcome to the world, Mr. Redhan Singh" Simi announced. Raj kissed my forehead.

Raj cut Redhan's cord and let the nurse take him for a checkup.

"SIMI! ANOTHER ONE!" I screamed. 

"You're almost there. Keep going. I know my bestie. Keep pushing" Simi tried helping. 

I heard cries again. 

"Hi, Ms. Rashi Kaur!" Simi cheered. "Would the father like to cut the cord?"

Raj nodded and Simi handed him a scissor.

"I will never give you a reason to cry. I promise" I heard Raj whisper.
My heart melted.
Raj handed Rashi to the nurse so she could take her for a checkup like her brother.

Once she had left the room Raj walked over to me and claimed my lips.

We had been kissing for what seemed like hours until someone knocked on the door. Raj groaned and I blushed furiously.

We looked at the door and saw our family all there and our baby in the bassinet.

Mumma, papa, and dad came to me and dad pushed away Raj. Mumma and papa both kissed my forehead. 

"I was already a dadi but you made me so happy by making me a Nani. I love you so much. And you Rajveer" Mumma pointed at Raj "I want my grandkids to spend time at my house too" she added.

Raj gulped and I broke out laughing.

"Di can we hold our niece and nephew," Roop asked and I nodded. Roop took Redhan and Priya took Rashi.

"Sorry for saying those things. I didn't mean them" I whispered to Raj.

"I know. You were in pain" he kissed my forehead.

❤❤❤

I'm finally going home with my husband and kids.

I remember when Avni was born it took 3 days to choose a name. I was 11 at the time. It was hilarious. We probably recommended 500 names. Reet's time we recommended so many names that I lost count. 

It's a good thing we choose the name beforehand this time.

❤❤❤

Raj opened the door.

"SURPRISE" everyone shouted. I saw the entire house decorated in blue. There was a huge banner that read 'Redhan and Rashi'.

"Awww" I started crying. 

"Ok so guys, can I have your attention?" Karan caught our attention. He got down on one knee. Simi gasped.

"Simi, when we first met we didn't get along. I always teased you. And It was truly hilarious. But that stupid forced marriage brought us together. And I can't imagine my life with anyone but you." he got a velvet case out of his pocket "Will you marry me? For the 3rd time?"

Simi started crying but nodded and said "Yes. Yes yes yes, thousand times yes." he slipped the ring on her finger and claimed her lips. It was adorable.

The doorbell rang so Raj went to open it. I turned around to see who it was.

"Vicky! Arjun! Siya!" I ran to hug them. 

"Move I wanna see my niece and nephew" Vicky rushed towards my kids. 

"No one loves me anymore" I sobbed. Raj rushed towards me.

"That isn't true. I love you more than anything" he tried calming me down. He captured my lips and started swaying around.

"Oye, there are kids present" Mamu teased. Everyone started laughing and I cried harder.

"Baby please" Raj pleaded and I whimpered and nodded. 

"WELCOME HOME RASHI AND REDHAN!" my siblings yelled.