34. Breaking The News

ISHPREET RAJVEER SINGH

We still haven't broken the news to Nidhi. But I know when she finds out, her heart will break more than ever.
I hope when she finds out I'll be the one to tell her. We'll let her down easy, it's not going to be simple but we have to do it.

"I can't believe Simi is at the wedding of the cousin she hates" Nidhi stuffed her face with salad. 

"Not everyone is like you who doesn't go to places even if they hate the person. She went for free food. I'm just worried about what will happen when she sees Karan there" I slapped her upside the head. 

"I wish I was there to see that" she laughed. 

"You're crazy" I laughed. 

We got caught up in talking about life in general even though we see each other almost every day. 

We were about to go see our patients when my phone rang. 

"Raj, I'm working!" I shouted into the phone.

"We have a huge problem. Bring Nidhi to my building" he panicked. 

"What's wrong, jaan?" I asked.

"Just come and you'll see," he said. I hung up and ran to Nidhi's cabin.

"We need to go" I huffed.

"What's wrong?" She asked getting up.

"Rajveer called saying there is an emergency and he needs the 2 of us at his office" I explained. She grabbed her purse and we left.

❤❤❤

We reached the Singh Tower after 20 minutes.

"I'm Mr. Singh's wife and this is his sister. We need to see him" I told the reception.

"Yes, mam. Sir is waiting for you on the 23rd floor" she kindly replied.

We thanked her and ran towards the elevator.

We reached the 23rd floor and saw a huge sign that said CEO.

We barged in and saw Simi in bridal wear and Karan in a groom sherwani and a turban.

"W-what happened?" I stuttered.

"Simi, say something!" Nidhi said. Simi and Karan both said nothing.

Simi started crying. Nidhi and I rushed to get by her side.

"Explain everything" I calmly said.

"I'll tell you," Karan said. "We went to a wedding. Both bride and groom didn't show up. The groom's side volunteered me to get married and the bride's side volunteered her. We weren't even asked once. They said we can't even get a divorce or they'll kill us" he explained.