21. Pre Dawat

ISHPREET RAJVEER SINGH

We just finished inviting a few people to Raj's dad's dawat.

He married a girl just some months older than me.

Rohit and Priyu haven't come out of their rooms since last night.

"Hey, di. What's up?" I called Roop to ask if she and Arshu could come over.

No, I haven't told my family about my father-in-law being alive and married to another person.

"Roopi could you and Arshi come over? We have a little problem and Rohit and Priya need their best friends" I asked.

"Ok, I'll have cheapda pick me up. We'll be there in 30" she said and I hung up.

•••

I went to Priya's room again.

"Priyu please eat something" I knocked on the door.

"Bhabz, I'm not hungry" she opened the door. I saw her face stained with tears.

"Meri jaan, don't cry. Roop is coming with Arsh" her face lit up when I said that.

"Bha...bz I need to tell you something" she whispered. I nodded and she pulled me into her room before locking the door.

"I have a boyfriend," she said. My eyes widened.

"Omg. Your brother will kill the poor guy. Who is it?" I could continue with my rant but Priya covered my mouth with her hand.

"Bhabz. My boyfriend is Arsh" my face lit up.

I jumped off the bed and started dancing.

My most awaited couple other than Roop and Rohit.

"I'm so happy for you both. How long has this been on?" I asked.

"Bhabz, this has been on for 3 years" she bit her lip.

"What's been on for 3 years?" Ashwini entered. I thought Priyu locked the door. Oh siyapa. Did she hear anything?

I heard Priyu growling. Before she could pounce at Ashwini I pulled her onto the bed.

"Umm...we were talking about how 3 years ago I was in college" I tried to sound confident but failed.

"I was also in college 3 years ago..." Ashwini started telling the story.

"Badi Malkin, your siblings are here to see you" Ramu kaka entered the room. Ramu kaka is the house's caretaker and our most trust servant. Actually, our only servant. He is such a nice man.

"Thank you kaka" Priya and I said at the same time.

We rushed out of the room.

Roop was sitting on the couch and Rohit was talking to Arsh.