Got Your Back | Miche x Reader

Prompt- Reader saves Miche during the fall of wall Rose

TW FOR DEATH AND INJURIES

Miche was amazing in battle, fittingly seeing as he was second to only Levi, and often he could be found surrounded by a mass of titan bodies... titans he had killed singlehandedly. You often watched him during training, marveling at his movements and techniques before going to talk to him when he was done. Your relationship with him had started when he sniffed you, a ritual he did with almost everyone, and you didn't shy away. Instead, you stayed still and let him do his thing, making him quirk an eyebrow at you when he leaned back.

From there you spent time with him and vise versa. He was glad to have a new friend that accepted him. He never got so much as a dirty look from you and for that he was extremely grateful.

And after just a few months he asked you to be more, flowers in one hand and a shy smile adorning his face. You, of course, said yes and the two of you became even closer after that. Nearly every waking minute was spent with one another. That's why when assignments came out you were often with him, the regiment being supportive with the added pressure to keep such an asset happy.

That brought you to now, running across the field to survey for titans as the newest scout members went to warn people.

Miche sent the others away, telling them that he would lure the titans away and kill them. You, however, followed him.

"Y/n no. Go back." he said, not stopping his horse he continued to ride with you slightly behind him.

"Over my rotting corpse. I'm not leaving you out here."

"Y/n i'll be fine just go." he urged.

"Miche, listen... i'm not going anywhere. Now quit complaining and move on, i've got your back." you spoke, you tone absolute.

He grumbled something under his breathe but continued forward, focusing on the titans and shouting to Gelgar to take charge of the southern team. You didn't hear the mans reply as you and him charged forward.

When the two of you reached the horde you both jumped off your horses, using the ODM Gear to propel yourselves through the air and slash the titans napes one by one.

Bodies fell left and right and only stopped when the two of you perched on a house, breathing heavily from the exertion.

"Only four of them left." Miche said, glancing at the titans around the area. You looked as well, gauging their positions and plotting what your moves would be. "No. Don't risk it." Miche spoke, practically reading your thoughts. "We've bought us more than enough time." he said while sheathing a single blade and leaving one out, you following suit.

He took a deep breath before whistling, calling out to his horse before you did the same.

"Still though," He said, looking at a tall and hairy titan to our left, "that abnormal worries me. Look at the bastard. Easily over 17 meters tall. Massive. And this is the first time i've ever seen one of them covered with what...?" Mike spoke, both to you and himself.

"Fur?" You supplied. "It's just lumbering around." You added afterward.

"Why doesn't it try to rush us?" He questioned.

"Definitely an abnormal." You spoke, still watching the titan with Mike before your eyes darted to the sight of your horses running towards you.

"Looks like we won't have to hold out for sundown after all." You said, relieved.

The relief was short lived though as the abnormal titan gripped Miches horse.

"It went for the horse!" Miche shouted.