Chapter 52

Chapter 52

I rested my clammy forehead against the cool wall. With shaky fingers I wiped at my mouth with a waded up tissue, and threw it into the toilet. After a few deep breaths to relax my nerves, I stood up from my kneeled position. I flushed away the vomit, rinsed my shaking hands off, and splashed my face with the cold water.

I had woken early in the morning by the warmth swelling in my throat trying to suffocate me, and my stomach twisting with nausea. Luckily I had made it to the bathroom before I threw up. I knew it was the rejection taking it's tole on my body, but never to this extent yet. My head just hurt thinking about it, adding to the pressure that was threatening to split my skull.

I returned to my bed, feeling slightly relieved that the nausea had lessened. The rest of my roommates were sleeping peacefully, but I could hear shrieking and the pitter patter of small feet in the rooms down the hall. I buried my face in my pillow, trying to block out the sunlight streaming through the cracks in the curtains, and the shrieks of the younger girls. It wasn't long before my weak body stopped shaking, and I fell into a deep realm of sleep.

"Get up!" Somebody shouted, shaking my body.

"Geroff," I mumbled, rolling over to block her out.

"It's past noon. C'mon we're going out today," Liz said.

All the warm comfort suddenly left my body, as the blanket was ripped off my body. I sat up glaring at the smirking Hailey at the foot of my bed, with my blanket in her clutches. I was faintly aware of the bitter taste in my mouth, which reminded me of this mornings incident.

Now I felt as good as I had yesterday, which was better than this morning, but wasn't all that great.

I must be getting worse than ever, now that my body is literally rejecting it's insides. How much longer would it take until I can't even stand up? Does this mean I'm going to have to meet up with Jace? My stomach turned even more at that idea. I knew one thing for sure. It was time to call up John.

"You ok?" Liz asked from besides me, questioning the thoughtful look on my face.

"Hm? Oh, Yeah. Don't worry. Where are we going?" I asked, my throat scratchy from the acid that had just passed through it.

"I don't know, but you look like you could use some sun on your skin," Hailey answered, tossing my blanket back to me. It hit my face, knocking me back a bit. I spluttered, shoving it onto my lap, and sending a glare in her direction.

After I was satisfied with my glaring, I curled up on my bed fully prepared to fall back asleep. Liz yanked on the curtains, and slipped the window open. Fresh clean air teased my senses, so I knew any hope I had of falling asleep vanished. I groaned getting back up.

-------------------------------

I leaped up, and snatched the plastic Frisbee out of the air as it soared past me. I felt my tank top ride up, revealing some of my pale stomach. When I landed back down on the grass, I pulled my green tank top down over the hem of my shorts. It was too hot today to walk out in jeans and long-sleeve shirts. So I settled for some shorts, a tank top, and a pair of black flip flops. Besides I wanted to get a bit of color back to my skin.

"Heads up!" I shouted as I tossed it to Chloe.

We had all ended up at the park, where a handful of middle school girls from our home were. Liz and Abby were laying on the soft lush grass while Hailey, Chloe, and I were playing Frisbee.

"I need a break," I called out, feeling slight tremor start in my legs. I was too weak from jumping up and down.

Chloe and Hailey continued on with their game while I went to go lounge on the grass by the party- poopers. They were having some conversation about some boys from our school. I blanked out on the conversation, plucking off the pieces of a dandelion. That was until I heard Jace's name.