Chapter 37

Chapter 37

"Dinner's ready!" Cole yelled out. He had been in the kitchen for a solid hour cleaning up, and cooking.

"Coming," Aden yelled back.

He hopped off of the couch. When he saw I wasn't getting up yet, he offered his hand to me. I took it, and he yanked me off of the couch too. We slowly made our way to the dining room where the table was all set, with a giant bowl of spaghetti was in the middle. On a plate was some garlic bread. I sat down, but didn't start stuffing my face like Cole and Aden. Jace wasn't at the table yet, and I knew I wouldn't feel comfortable eating without him here.

I got up, and went to go get Jace from Cole's room. I knocked on the door, but heard no reply. I waited a bit, and heard movement on the other side of the door. The door opened up, and I was facing a bare toned chest. I looked up at the face, and saw Jace's eyes soften.

"Dinner's ready," I said.

"Ok," He said.

He walked out of the room, forcing me to move over a bit so he could get out. He shut the door behind him, and then just stared at me. I bit my bottom lip, at a loss of what I was supposed to say or do. He seemed to be too.

"Come on, they are waiting for us," I said, and then walked around him.

I heard a frustrated sigh from behind me, and then his heavy footsteps. We came into the dining room, to see Cole and Aden arguing over who knows what. I sat down across from Cole, and Jace sat down next to me. I started to grab some pasta for myself and garlic bread for myself, and so did Jace.

"It's nice to finally meet you while you are conscious Jace. I'm Cole," Cole said holding his hand across the table to Jace.

Jace just glared at his hand. Cole pulled his hand back, and gave me a sarcastic look that meant, wow you got a nice mate, not.

"This is Aden," Cole said introducing Aden. "He's my room mate."

Jace just nodded his head at Aden. I rolled my eyes at his behavior. Dinner continued on from there with Cole and Aden talking. Aden managed to get Jace to join a conversation, but Cole was unsuccessful with Jace. Everybody tried to get me to join in on the conversation, but I would just mutter a word or two. Cole got up towards the end of the meal, and went to go get dessert. When it came out, I couldn't help the extremely big grin that lit up my face.

"Yeah! You got it Cole. Thanks!" I said, and then started to shovel the pudding into my mouth.

"You really like pudding," Aden said when I finished it in ten seconds.

"Yep! That's why I started making you guys keep some at your apartment."

"Oh... We may have eaten it all already," Aden said.

I glared at him, and went to go take another pudding. I ate that one much more slowly, to savor the taste.

"You want one Jace?" Cole asked.

He just glared at Cole. Ok, Jace's attitude towards Cole was starting to get on my nerve.

"Damn it Jace!" I said finally fed up with Jace.

He looked over at me in shock.

"Why are you treating Cole like that?" I asked.

"Why do you treat Cole the way you do? Why is it that he comforts you? Why do you trust him more then me? Did you two have a thing?" He blurted out angrily.

I burst out laughing, and so did Aden and Cole. Jace just looked pissed off.

"We would have never had a thing," I said when I was able to speak again.