Chapter 41

Not edited!

Chapter 41

-- Flashback--

I woke up feeling groggy, and my head pounding. Each time a new pulse of pain shot through my skull, my vision got fuzzy around the edges. There was very little light in the room, but just enough for me to assess it. There was a sturdy wooden table with one chair a few feet from me. Nothing else but dust stood in the room.

I tried to get out of the chair I was sitting in, but found myself restrained. I tried again, but yet again my attempts failed, and I ended with wrists and chest joining the throbbing. I looked down and realized I was tied up.

"The girl's up," I heard a man sneer.

I looked over to where I located the voices, and saw a large man now standing in the doorway. He glared at me when I looked at him. I shrunk back into the chair, and he chuckled at me. He started to stalk towards me.

"Good, so you know to fear me," he said it as a compliment, when he reached me.

I gathered saliva in my mouth, and sent it all flying at his face. It was the only defense I could do with my body restrained to the wooden chair. It landed in a blob right on his cheek.

His eyes darkened, and a loud growl echoed through the room. He reached a hand up, and swiped it off his cheek. He looked at my spit on his hand with pure anger. Then those burning dark eyes turned to me, and I started to shake in my seat.

In a split second, his raised hand backhanded me, and a burning stinging feeling filled my face. Because I was tied to the sturdy chair, the full impact of the slap pushed the ropes deep into my skin. So deep that they drew blood. My surprises and pained scream echoed throughout the small dingy room.

"Never do that again bitch!" The man growled right into my face.

I whimpered in pain, and sunk as far away from him as the chair allowed me to. He grabbed the front of my shirt in a fist, pulling me closer. He pulled his right arm back, and balled his hand into a fist. I closed my eyes waiting for the impact of the punch.

He released me, and I slowly opened my eyes. The man was fuming a few feet away from me. My eyes swept around the room to find out why he had stopped. A man stood in the doorway. His large frame took up the whole doorway. He wasn't heavy, just very muscular and tall. The man walked in, and I immediately felt his presence fill the room. He radiated the need to give him respect. The man who had slapped me lowered his head in respect. He must be the leader. There was a word for it, but I couldn't remember.

Behind the leader was another man. He was shorter and smaller built then the leader, but larger than the man that slapped me. He held a large silver case. I eyed it warily. He set the case on the table. After him, was a boy maybe a bit older then me. His face showed no emotion, as if he was a robot. He stepped into the corner.

"Watch carefully, son," said the leader to the boy. "This will teach you how to be a good alpha one day."

That's what the word was. A lot of my families friends called my father that. I guess it was a title of respect for the leader in the werewolf world.

The alpha then turned to me. I flinched away from his stony dark eyes. I quickly hid that emotion with anger.

"Why am I here?" I asked.

The alpha ignored my question.

"Do you know what I am?" he asked.

I pursed my lips, and fixed a hard stare into his eyes. I felt the urge to look away, but refused to. His eyes darkened, and his jaw clenched.