Chapter 25

Please keep an open mind. Hope you enjoy!

Chapter 25

"What?" I asked, in complete denial of what Dad had just said. This couldn't be happening. I am not going back to that orphanage. I am not leaving my family and friends.

"I'm sorry, but it's what has to be done," Dad said.

Mom quickly got up, and left with tears streaming down her face. Dad had a pained expression on his face.

"Why?" I whispered, too tired to understand.

"Because, it's too dangerous for you to live with us anymore. Packs, and rouges are threatening your life. We just can't risk it anymore."

"I don't care. I want to stay here."

"But you can't-" Dad tried to explain.

"I don't care if I get hurt. I just want to stay with you guys. Families are meant to stay together, right?" I asked slightly angry, but not as much as I really wanted to be.

"This is the best for both you and the pack."

"But you just don't understand, I don't care what happens to me."

Dad looked thoughtful, and then a pained expression came over his face. He took a deep breath to calm his nerves.

"Think about it this way, if you stay here you are harming the pack. You are a weakness to us. Do you understand that you are making our pack vulnerable?" He had his stone cold alpha expression on again.

He was right I was harming the pack. I was the tender spot that everyone else could use against my family and friends. I was no help. Now that Dad had mentioned it, I could see what he was saying. He was right. I couldn't say that I wanted to stay, without harming somebody.

I heard a loud crash, and looked up from the floor. I saw the back of a pissed off Philly marching away, and a broken side table. Mitch went up to go calm him down. I heard a door slam, and more smashing and shattering. Dad looked furious, and about ready to go up. He turned to head to the main hallway. He took a step in that direction.

"Fine," I said freezing him, and the banging and crashing from upstairs stopped for an instant.

"I'll go," I said. The violent noise continued on again.

Dylan roared up from his seat vanishing out the back door, running into the woods.

"Ok," Dad said before looking away. "I already called the adoption center, and you will be going back to your old one. They said we could drop you off tonight, so go start packing." He then turned away and went to his office down the hall.

I sat there on the couch, all alone. This had to be a terrible dream. I bit the inside of my lip, to both stop the crying and to see if I was really asleep. I felt the pain, so I knew I was awake. I stood up, my legs feeling like jelly, and made it to the stairs. When I passed Dad's office I heard some sniffling, but I gave it no thought. I walked up the stairs feeling incredibly numb. I pushed open my door and reached for the suitcase in my closet.

I started to stuff it with some jeans and shirts, all of my sweatshirts, and shoes, all of my sweatpants, and pj's. Soon my closet and dresser was practically empty. I pulled down some of my personal items from the room. Pictures of my family and me from Christmas, and another from Thanksgiving. Another picture of my brothers and I playing outside. Of course I couldn't leave behind the picture of my biological mother and brother.

All of this was done with stiff fingers, which had a mind of their own. My mind was turned off, just on autopilot packing up. My eyes were blurred from the steady stream of tears coming down my face, but I didn't truly cry. It was just tears coming down, no sniffling or sobs.