Chapter 45

Hope u all enjoy!

Chapter 45

Finals came and went, and school was out. A few days after the new girl came I got her to talk. She didn't say much, but I discovered her name was Mia after a long walk through the woods. She opened up to me, but still kept her guard up. I discovered she enjoyed drawing, and was actually rather good at it. So while she would draw, I would get her to talk. Mia was actually really smart for a five year old. I would never have guessed, but behind those big dark eyes was hidden knowledge. She became attached to me, just like I became with her. Almost like a little sister I never even realized I wanted.

One day, some girl made fun of her for only ever talking to me. I had been walking past, and before I could interfere Mia fought her own battle. Tiny Mia had the second grader pinned to the ground. After a few whispered words Mia released the girl, who scurried off as soon as she was released.

Because of our attachment to each other, it made going to meet Jace a bit harder. Jace and I would continue to hang out every few days so we wouldn't get sick. Sometimes dates would be canceled for a few days, and I would start to feel the effects.

One date we lost control of ourselves, and ended up sleeping with each other again. Not that I minded, but it brought back my previous fears of us going too quickly, and being hurt. Jace and I got into a fight, when I asked him to slow down again. After that we went for an entire week apart before I started to feel sick. It seemed that after we slept together we could go for longer being apart. That didn't help my side in the fight, but eventually I won. I had a series of nightmares of being hurt by Jace, and of course followed by the usual one of the rouge. I didn't tell Jace about the nightmares, but it helped fuel my side of the battle.

After that we continued to meet like we did before. We met up every few days if we could, and the argument never came up again.

"How about the park then?" I asked into the phone, while searching through my drawer for some shorts to wear. Fricken unorganized drawer. Clothes were spilling out all over the place, and the floor around my bed was covered in clean and dirty clothes.

"Sure, I'm right in your area so I'll just pick you up from our usual spot in ten minutes. That work?" Jace asked.

"Ha!" I yelled in success while waving the pair of shorts up in the air in victory.

I heard Jace chuckle on the other side of the phone. "What was that for?"

"I found some shorts!" I said proudly.

"Ok then. So ten minutes work?" He asked.

"No way!" I started that awkward dance that every girl had to do to get into their shorts while holding a phone between her cheek and shoulder. "Did you miss the fact that I just found my shorts. I still need to find a shirt, manage to find my shoes in the Mountain, do my hair, and then do my makeup. I'm going to need more than ten minutes."

"You don't need to put on makeup. Your beautiful just the way you are," Jace complimented, but I could hear the teasing in his tone.

"So flattering," I muttered sarcastically, "But who ever said that make up was for you?" I teased.

"It better be," He growled.

I slipped on something on the floor while hopping up and down, and came crashing down onto the ground, so I landed awkwardly on my butt, and banged my elbow on my bed frame.

"Shit!" I swore.

I guess it's a good thing no one else was in the room to witness my embarrassing dance and fall. I quickly searched for my phone, which fell to the ground with a loud clatter. I snatched it up from the floor, and put it to my ear.