Chapter 31

Hope you all enjoy!

Chapter 31

Prom was tonight.

Was I nervous? Hell yeah. Scared? Of course. Excited? Well... yeah I was.

Yesterday, John came up to me and told me that Jace didn't want me to go. Of course I wasn't surprised, but I was surprised that he had actually sent a messenger to tell me. Sadly for Jace though, that just made me want to go even more.

Lots of guys had asked me out, but I told them all no. I told Daniel that Jace didn't want me to go. He got pissed, and said that he would accompany me. John also said he would keep me company, when he realized that I was planning on going anyways. They were both Juniors, so I would be able to go. That was the one thing I hadn't really figured out at the time. Since I was a Sophomore, I had no idea how I was going to get into the Junior/ Senior Prom. When Daniel reminded me, when he said he would take me, I had to say yes.

John hadn't found any new information about human mates. He said he would continue searching after prom.

"Ouch!"

"Oh come on, I didn't even do touch you."

I pouted a bit, "Still."

"You're a strange one, you know?" Abby said.

When Abby had found out I was going, she started jumping up and down. So she and the african american girl, Liz, we're doing my hair and makeup.

Hailey was sitting in the corner, laughing at me. The other two girls, the dark blond girl, Chloe, and the valley girl, Jenna, were at friend's houses.

It was about two hours before prom, and Liz and Hailey were already done. We were all walking around in robes. When we went down to go get a snack, we had scared a group of girls when we all walked in with avocado masks, in our robes, and our hair either wrapped in curlers, or towels. When Abby finished with me, Liz would do Abby's hair and makeup.

I wanted my hair to look more natural, so they were using one of those wand curlers to fix up my own beachy waves. Abby was doing my hair, because, as I had already known, she was a bit of a hair stylist. Surprisingly though, Liz was quite the makeup artist, even though she rarely ever wore makeup. So these two were in charge of hair and makeup.

I reached out to pop a chip into my mouth, but Liz slapped it away, worried I would ruin the makeup she was working on. Hailey had the largest smirk on her face as she watched me pout. I poked my tongue out at her, and she opened her mouth, ready to say something.

"Stop it you two! Why do you both act like immature children?!" Abby snapped, before Hailey could talk.

"Immature is a word boring people use to describe fun people," I muttered under my breath.

I didn't think anyone heard me, but Hailey suddenly cracked up. I looked into the mirror, and saw Abby glaring at me. I immediately looked down at my hands, which caused Hailey to turn into a cackling hyena.

When they were done with me, I didn't want to look in the mirror. Not until I had the dress on, which was kind of hard because the bathroom was covered in mirrors. I moved out of the way so Liz could start on Abby. Liz started pinning up her hair so she could straighten it. I walked over and sat by Hailey on the floor. Since both she and I failed at walking in heels, Abby made us wear them.

"Wanna play a game of cards?" Hailey asked me as she shuffled them in her hands.

"Sure, which way?" I asked.

"Spit."

I nodded my head, and she split up the cards. I set up the cards in front of me. We started our game, but a knock on the door made us falter in our fast paced game.