Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I was sliding down the hall testing out my new boots, which had little to no traction. I yelled at people to move out of the way, while mentally thanking the janitor for waxing the floors yesterday. Instead of complaining about always slipping, I took advantage of my non- traction boots. That's how I ended up sliding down the hall with my arms full of books for my next class.

I slammed into something large and hard, which knocked me to the ground. It reached out and grabbed my arms, forcing my books to clatter onto the ground, but saving me from hitting the hard school floors.

"Look at what you did. You killed all of my stuff," I accused with a large smirk on my face that didn't really match the anger I was trying to pull off.

"Well Eliana, maybe you shouldn't be running people over with your super boots," Adam teased, and bent down to retrieve my books.

"You're the first person to notice my new super boot,"

"Probably 'cause of all my sisters who make sure I notice this stuff. Plus you don't really hang out with chicks who will notice that sort of stuff. The people who you hang out with will probably only notice them if they were wrapped in steaks," Adam handed the books to me. He had 4 sisters but they were all off at college or their random jobs. "Where are you heading now?"

"Geometry. You?" I frowned. Everyone knew I sucked at geometry.

"Well I'm going to biology which is that way," He pointed behind me. "So I'll see you later."

As he vanished I looked around the halls that for some crazy reason had no guy in sight. I didn't really make any friends with the girls here only the boys. I sat with my brothers, who sat with pretty much the whole football team. I once had a girl that was my best friend in middle school. She moved away during the summer before freshman year, leaving me in the mercy of a bunch of girls who started becoming bitches once we reached high school.

So I just stuck with the guys. Turns out, even if the guys only hung out with me as a friend those girls got possessive. So every girl I passed would either look away or give me a death glare. Well the death glares weren't because they were possessive, but probably had to do with a large school wide prank my brothers and I had incorporate.

Trying to ignore the glares from the suddenly guyless hallway, I made my way up the steps to Geometry. I gave up on sliding because I knew that would only earn me more glares. I finally made my way into the classroom just seconds before the bell rang. When the guys weren't around, I always retreated into my shell to escape the looks.

I found my seat by Philly. His posture grew rigid when I slid into the seat next to him, which peaked my curiosity. It wasn't the first time I had seen him act weird today, especially when I was around. Philly's my sixteen- year- old brother, who's a few months older than me. When he wasn't acting off, like now, the pair of us were trouble. Mitch and Dylan were the 18 year old twins. They all had shockingly bright blond hair, paired with teal eyes. At least I had blue eyes like the rest of the family, though the shock of dark hair on my head told the real story.

The teacher started droning on and the only word I truly understood was the, it, and of. Oh and don't forget triangle. For the first five minutes Philly was slowly leaning in and sitting more on the edge of his seat like he was ready to jump right over me. I opened up my notebook and scribbled a note on it and pushed it to him.

What's up?

He looked at me as if surprised I noticed. Later.

Well that was good enough for me. For the rest of the class I plugged in my headphones, and tried to ignore the glare aimed at the back of my head, from a certain girl names Trisha.

Trisha had been dating Adam. One day he ditched hanging out with her, because I had wound up in the emergency room with 8 stitches. I had fallen down the stairs, and had broken a vase at the bottom that shattered into my arm. Adam always hung out with our family, so he was pretty much like a brother to us. Trisha took it the wrong way when he wanted to see how his only little sister was. So for the past few weeks she had been glaring at the back of my head in geometry. Adam broke up with her after the way she reacted.

As soon as the bell rang Philly escaped out of the door before I could snatch him, but I knew exactly where he was going. I found him a minute later at his locker. I pulled him into the empty classroom. He growled loudly at me, before realizing it was me. I leaned over him to lock the door.

"What the hell?" Philly growled.

"You promised to tell me after class," I said putting a hand on my hip, and blocked the door so he couldn't escape. He strolled over to one of the tables, and sat down. He set his heavy bag down on a chair by his outstretched feet. He crumpled his blond hair into a large fist, releasing some of his anger.

"Fine, but you didn't hear it from me. Tell the others it was from another pack member."

I nodded my head. He pushed his sloppily cut hair out of his tired blue eyes. "The Steffan's pack has been threatening us, well dad again-" Philly said.

"Is it about me again?" I asked before he finished.

"Sort of, well apparently they smelled our pack on their land," I froze. They knew. But my scent should have vanished by now. God how am I going to explain this.

"Do they know who it was?" I asked.

"No, but they are threatening that if they ever smell someone again they will come and get you, and this time they won't let you get away," Philly said slowly.

My hand flew to my shoulder that still held the scar from the last time they caught me.

It had been late afternoon, and I wanted to go shopping. All the boys had football practice, so I went by myself. I realized someone had been following me through a couple of stores, so I went into the girls bathroom. I hoped they wouldn't follow me in there so I could escape out of the window. While I was trying to unlock the window the bathroom door banged open, and someone came stomping in. Whoever it was hit me over the head, knocking me out.

I woke up in a small room with one window high above my head. My shoulder was throbbing with pain, but the actual wound felt as if it didn't exist. At some point while I was passed out, for some unknown reason, they had bitten my shoulder. Maybe I was struggling while unconcious? I don't know.

After an hour I had made alternating holes in the drywall with a pen I found laying in the corner. They were just large enough for me to use as foot holes. I used those holes to escape up to the window, and out through the back yard. The bite didn't heal for a long time, and I had been forced to keep the stitches in until just recently. Now all that remained was a really large crescent scar made up of deep indents.

The bell rang outside the classroom. "I better go," and Phil slunk out.

I thought I had finally escaped those stupid idiots. Every time they tried getting me, someone would get in the way and would wind up hurt. Last time it was Mitch, he broke a rib, but he blamed it all on football. It was all my fault, and my family couldn't understand why I believed that, because I refused to explain. I always had to get my revenge on them for anything they did, but I hadn't gone in a while. I was afraid someone else would get hurt because of my stupid actions.

I decided to ditch this class, and stayed hidden in the vacant room.