Chapter 2

Chapter 2

By the time lunch came around my anger built at everyone for keeping it a secret from me. I waited in line in the cafeteria to receive something that resembled mash potatoes and chicken nuggets. I was in line holding some milk when I spotted an empty table in the corner I could hide at. I never sat alone, so I knew they's never notice it was me. I spotted several of the boys in my families pack messing with a nerdy looking kid who could swear like a sailer. I wanted to go over there and help him, but if I did then they would see me and I couldn't make my escape.

I grabbed my tray of food and waited to pay. A plan appeared in my head and I knew what to do. I paid for my food slipped my apple into my bag for something to eat later. I walked up to one of the guys who were messing with the kid. Steve came over often enough I knew I could boss him around.

"Why don't you leave him alone," I offered in a sweet voice he didn't even realize it was me.

"Why don't you shut up," He said while turning around. " Oh hey, sorry Eliana."

"Did you know what they said to my dad?" I asked furious. His face turned to shock and so did the guys around him then he composed himself.

"Know what?" He asked trying to play innocent, and with those two words I dumped my tray on him and fled out of the cafeteria. I heard his screams echo around the hall.

I ran into the teachers lounge that I knew was empty, because it was the day all the teachers went out for pizza. I slipped through the back door and found myself in the back of the school where the teachers parked. I passed the parking lot and hopped over the small fence that led to the woods. I knew he would find me soon enough, but for now I cold hide. I found a tree that had rough bark and branches low enough for me to reach when I jumped, and climbed up the tree all the way to the top where the branches couldn't hold a growing teenage boy. From up here I could also watch for any pursuers.

I pulled out my apple after I got a satisfied check that no one was coming. I wondered if it was even a good idea to pour my food all over Steve. He'll probably get payback later. I started getting bored after I ate my apple, so I made one last look to the school and still saw no one, so I climbed down the tree. Once I got down low enough I jumped, landing in a crouch with a loud "humph". I spun around when I heard a chuckle. In front of me was standing a very tall well built strange man. My eyes widened, before hiding behind a face blank of emotions. 

"Hm... I wonder why you?" He asked himself. He leaned in close, and smelled my hair.

I wasn't too sure if he was a werewolf of a human. Either way, I decided to make the first move while I still had the chance. I kneed him in the balls hard and fled, leaving him behind rolling on the ground, cursing every swear word I knew. Huh, today just seemed to be that type of day where I leave guys behind screaming. I crashed through the trees and luckily I hadn't run too deep into the woods, because I found myself at that small fence again. I was still going pretty fast so I just grabbed onto the top and launched myself over landing on the hard cement as my legs flew out from under me. I heard a crashing in the trees to my left.

I quickly stood up trying to shake off the protests my back was giving me. I started to run when I heard a growl, and was knocked off my feet again as something hit me hard in the back. I hit the ground hard again as I landed on my knees, screaming out in pain. I spun around just as a large wolf crouched over me. My eyes widened and I screamed out not only in pain but in fear. The scream was loud and could pierce through glass. The wolf on top of me snarled at the high pitched scream, and leaned closer. I could smell his terrible breath and see the slobber covering his yellow teeth, as he snapped at me to be quite with another growl.