Chapter 51

Chapter 51

It was a week since my revelation in the bathroom. Even though I refused to allow myself to wallow in self-pity, I still had a constant unnatural ache in my chest. It wasn't like I gave into the pain, it just happened on it's own. I had no control over it. I didn't want to give in, because I knew I was better and stronger than this all.

Sadly, I had no control over the pain of the rejection. I realized after a while that it was just the mate pull. I was proud of myself for not allowing myself to cry over Jace. He was just another chapter in my life, which I hoped to soon forget. Just like I was in his.

My body was frailer than ever, and the nausea became stronger. It was like my body was trying to reject the entire incident. My head constantly throbbed with a dull headache in my temples. My limbs shook when I would stand, but I'd tried to ignore it. It didn't take much to exert me, and for the fatigue to kick in.

Whenever I looked into the mirror I was repulsed by what I'd see. My skin was paler than ever, and almost appeared to be transparent with snaking blue veins on display. My eyes looked bruised, and my lips thin and chapped. My skin seemed to be pulled over my bones.

Luckily it was summer vacation, so Emily and the other workers were all busy with all the other girls. They didn't seem to notice my sudden drop in health.

I finished applying the last touch of cover up, in an attempt to try to bring some life back to my face. I was going over to Cole's today, so I couldn't let on just how sick I really was. He didn't know Jace and I had separated, or that I was even doing this badly.

I stepped out of the bathroom, and quickly dressed in some jeans and a loose long sleeve shirt, to cover my pale skin. Luckily it was raining today, so my choice in clothing wasn't too strange. I pulled on my sneakers, knowing I needed all the support they could offer. Cole offered to give me a ride, but I wanted the fresh air that would come with a nice walk. I snatched a discarded umbrella that layed on top of The Mountain, and headed on my way to Cole's.

It wasn't long before I arrived at the apartment building, feeling tired and breathless. Luckily the elevator was working again, so I wouldn't have to battle the ridiculous steps.

When I reached the apartment on the top floor, I found the door to be unlocked. I walked in and was welcomed by the overwhelming sounds of artificial gun shots. I slammed the door behind me, but couldn't even hear it over the noise emanating from the flat screen. I rolled my eyes when I saw all the boys sitting on the couches playing some video game.

I pulled off my soaking sneakers, and tossed them with a loud thump at the door. I passed the boys, who didn't even glance up at me, as I went into the kitchen to find a drink for myself. I snatched a bottle of water and a pudding from the fridge, grabbed a spoon, and then headed out to join the boys on the couch.

I plopped down between Deon and Cole, and started on my pudding.

"Hey," They both muttered. The others were too distracted by the game.

Deon glance over at me for a moment, and did a double take.

"Why do you look like you a zombie?" Deon asked, eyes trained back on the screen.

"How do I look like a zombie?" I asked, spooning another bite of chocolate pudding.

Cole pause the game, which started a round of grumbles from the others.

"You just look like you died and came back to life."

I quickly got up and headed towards the bathroom in Cole's room to see what he was talking about. I heard someone, probably Cole, get up and follow me. I glance in the mirror, and saw I looked just like I did when I had left the house. My cover up was still on my face, making me look better than I did this morning. That was when I actually looked like a zombie.